"Don't call me a boy, I'm older than your son." I snapped, unwilling to play the game anymore. "Drink your tea or get out."

He stared at me, then took the cup in hand. "Your age is irrelevant, we don't care about that like humans do."

Lowell raised his hands in a slightly defensive manoeuvre. "By which he means we do, if it's to do wit them being children, wolves only come into maturity at around eighteen, he's not saying we're paedophiles."

I wanted to laugh as I looked at the wary expression on the face of the guy, with the broad shoulders and defined, muscular arms, elbows resting on the muscular legs, able to shift into the form of a huge wolf capable of slicing a person into little digestible chunks. "I'm glad to hear that."

Griffith shook his head slightly. "You should have told us you were a shifter, I wouldn't have been so discourteous, at least a shifter will feel the instinctive need to obey their superior mate."

I blinked at him and then slowly sipped at my tea to manually pat down the tug of annoyance. I couldn't fix him, and I didn't care enough to at this point.

"I didn't know I was capable... of that..." I turned to Jeffrey. "One issue at a time-" I tried to change the subject.

"You didn't know you were a shifter?"

"I don't think he's even a wolf..." Lowell breathed out, the confusion deep set on his face.

I blinked in surprise. "What?"

"I mean..." He looked me up and down. "Like, sure, you're kinda tiny for a werewolf in your human form-"

"I am average-"

"But even then your wolf form shouldn't be like that," He looked at Bazile and Griffith, "Should it? He looks different..."

I exhaled slowly and put a hand on Jeffrey's back and heard the low growl across the table from Bazile. "No growling at the table." I snapped at him.

Jeff blinked as well, glancing at his apparent mate for moment only to be caught. I nudged him and he snapped back to reality. "You want to leave?" I asked him quietly.

He sighed and leaned back, pinching his brow. "I'm sorry about all this Max, you've clearly got your own problems and I've made them worse. I really am sorry."

"You've made nothing worse..."

"I rather did, actually..." He told me uneasily. "I knew your father knew about werewolves, I thought I should tell him in case he could talk you out of it."

I blinked hard. "You knew my father..." The headache pulsed at my head. "You told my father? You have my fathers number??"

"Well no, I had to find it on your home phone when I was here alone running errands. I don't know him, but the day I found out werewolves existed he saw that massive wolf run out the front door and never said a word, just peered at me as though, I mean it was like a brain blast realising everyone knew but me, that was why I kept asking you those questions, back then..."

"What questions?"

"Just random little things to gauge what you knew, I did ultimately ask you if you thought werewolves existed, don't you remember that?"

I didn't remember that, but then why would I, just a passing comment meant as a joke.

"You don't have to leave your place or nothing, just come back with me during the mating period." Bazile told him, his tone having switched to something low and reasonable, trying not to scare Jeffrey away while he stared intensely at him.

Jeffrey exhaled and put the cup down, wiping his palms on his knees. "No." He told him clearly.

Bazile's eyes became more intense, boring holes into him, his gaze turning dark.

The Sensible One (boyxboy) ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें