She smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Luffy-san. I'd love to come with you and have more adventures. I really would. But I can't...because I love my country."

Luffy smiled in melancholy. He didn't really expect it to be any different this time, but it was still sad to let her go. "I understand," he said. "Then all the best of luck, Vivi."

Vivi smiled back, but there were tears in her eyes. They all understood. She was torn between two lives that she loved equally. But in the end, her country simply had a more crucial need for her than the Strawhat Pirates did. Seal stared blanky at her as she wiped her tears away. After a moment, he looked up at Luffy.

"Kuoo!" he squealed, catching the Strawhat captain's attention.

"Oh, so you want to stay with her?" he asked. The kung fu dugong nodded. Vivi seemed shocked. "I see. Ok then," Luffy said, though he seemed even sadder now. "Make sure you two take care of each other, alright?"

"Kuoo!" Seal punched the air repeatedly in a manner that suggested that anyone who tried to hurt Vivi was in for some pain. Vivi smiled and bent down to face him.

"So I guess we're both honorary Strawhats then?" she said. He nodded again in agreement, and then did something that surprised everyone. He held up the arm that still had the mark of the crew's comradery on it. He triggered an instant reaction; the rest of the crew immediately did the same. Vivi smiled widely as she held out her own arm, and Carue mimicked her.

Off to the side, Robin and Bentham, neither of which had the mark, were content to just watch. Bentham was near tears. "That...was beautiful. Such bonds of friendship are rare to see!" he yelled.

"So what about you?" Luffy asked. "Did you want to join the crew?" Bentham's jaw dropped in shock.

"So quick to offer me a place in your family! Strawhat, I'm touched! But I'm afraid I must decline; you see, I have my own crew, and I cannot simply abandon them!"

Luffy pouted. "Oh. Well there's nothing that can be done then. Oh well."

Robin, who hadn't spoken for a while, still seemed disconcerted about something, until Vivi walked up to her. "Robin, I guess you had your reasons for what you did. And I don't want things between us to end on a bad note. We're both Strawhats after all. So...can we call it water under the bridge?"

Robin seemed surprised, but she smiled. "I'd like that," she said. The two shook hands, and Robin looked like a load had been lifted off of her shoulders after that.

Zoro raised an eyebrow as he turned to Bentham. "Hey, if you have a crew, shouldn't you be getting in contact with them?" he asked. "The marines will be after you too since you were a member of Baroque Works. You can't stay here for long."

Bentham's eyes widened. "Crap, you're right! Stop joking aroouuund! Where's the transponder snail!?"

Hina leaned back in her chair as she gazed upon the ship of the Strawhat pirates, which was docked at the bay and now swarming with marines under her command. The ship was anchored, and was flanked by marine vessels on all sides. The Disciple Trio were due to arrive soon, and when they did, the pirates' chances of escaping would be negligible at best. In addition, she had her Black Cage Formation on standby, so even if they somehow got passed the blockade at the shore, they would have to face another one at sea. Everything was going smoothly. So then why did Smoker's warning keep repeating itself in her mind?

"Captain Hina!" the soldier on watch yelled. "Were we expecting Sir Dracule Mihawk too?"

Hina turned toward the subordinate in question with a puzzled expression. "Of course not! We haven't been able to recruit his help in ages. He just does what he feels like!"