Cobra looked uncertain as he snuck a glance at Robin, which neither she nor Luffy missed. "I cannot express how grateful I am that you've saved this country, but I'm not sure that would be a good idea. That stone is kept secret for a reason. It is guarded by the Alabastian royal family so as not to fall into the wrong hands." As he spoke, Robin tensed up.

Luffy hummed in thought. Then he did something no one expected. He took his hat off and placed it over his heart while still facing the king. "King Cobra, I swear on this hat as well as my life that neither I nor Nico Robin will do anything to risk the safety of your country or the world using anything we find under your guidance." He bowed his head. "I ask you, not as the savior of this country, but as the captain of the Strawhat pirates and Vivi's comrade, to grant our request." Everyone present now stared at him with wide eyes, but none were as shocked as Robin.

The king's eyes had widened imperceptibly at the name 'Nico Robin,' but now he simply stared at Luffy with an unreadable expression as Robin waited with bated breath. After a few moments, it was his turn to surprise everyone. He bowed low to the ground, much to the slight exasperation of Pell and Chaka, and spoke.

"I acknowledge your good will, young one, and I will grant your request," he said, causing Luffy to grin widely. Meanwhile, Usopp turned to Nami.

"Do you have any idea what's going on here?" he asked quietly. Nami, being just as lost as he was, shrugged. Sanji watched the exchange with open interest. His gaze was now on Robin again, but there was no trace of lust in his eyes now. He looked as if he was trying to piece together a puzzle. Eventually, he just shrugged, figuring it was none of his business anyway.

As Cobra led them to the underground tomb, Robin turned to Luffy. "Thank you," she whispered. Luffy just grinned again and flashed her a thumbs up.

As they were about to leave, however, they were interrupted by the arrival of Smoker and Tashigi. While the latter was rather shocked once she laid eyes on Crocodile's fallen form, the former just glanced at him disinterestedly before turning back to Luffy.

"So you really did beat Crocodile," he commented.

Luffy nodded. "And you guys stopped the bomb," he acknowledged. "Do you have any seastone handcuffs by any chance?

Smoker motioned to Tashigi, who had a pair ready. As she walked towards the fallen warlord, Smoker turned back to Luffy. "I still have some questions for you, Strawhat."

Luffy shrugged. "Fine with me," he said, before turning to Robin. "Give me a minute?" She nodded in consent, and Luffy walked off, following behind Smoker. As they left, the king turned towards her.

"Your name was Nico Robin wasn't it?" he asked. Without facing him, Robin closed her eyes and nodded. The king was silent for a moment. "And am I correct in assuming that you can read the ancient language of the poneglyphs?" Robin sighed tiredly and nodded again.

"Then what I am about to do will not only disgrace the efforts of my predecessors, but put the very balance of our world at great risk. Still, I owe that man a great debt, not just as the king of the country he brought salvation to, but also as the father of the girl he aided. So seeing as I trust his judgement, I will fulfill my promise."

Robin said nothing in response.

"So? What did you want to ask me?" Luffy asked casually once the two were alone.

"Don't pretend you don't know," Smoker said impatiently.

"Why not? It's more fun for me that way," Luffy said with a straight face. This caused Smoker to growl, and Luffy smiled widely. "Lighten up, Smokey."

"First of all, how long are you going to keep calling me that?" the smoke man asked in annoyance.

"Until I'm dead," Luffy replied. "Ok, next question."