Chapter 33 ~ The finale

Start from the beginning

Chanyeol lost his balance and he fell back on the floor while Lucia still held onto him

"Chanyeol?!!?" Minho and Kyungsoo ran towards them.

"Hang in there!!" She gently lays him down.

Ripping the ribbon off of her bump, she wraps it around his injured arm to prevent it from bleeding any further. "Shit!!" He screams as Lucia applies pressure.

Minho immediately pulls his phone out as he dials the ambulance. "Hang in there you idiot!" Kyungsoo says.

"I know." Chanyeol starts breathing heavily.

~A few hours later~

Chanyeol was immediately transferred to the hospital while Lay was being detained at the police station.

"You may see him now." The doctor says as he clears the way for Lucia to sit next to him.

"How many stitches?" She asks him as Chanyeol sits back.

"12. The anesthesia will wear off in a few hours. That sucks." Chanyeol says and Lucia took a deep breath.

"I'm okay babe." He notices the change in her personality.

"You just had to play superman." The tears ran down from her face.

"Babe. You're ruining your makeup." He wipes her face with his thumb.

"I don't care!" She wipes her tears off. "The hell with my makeup!!"

"Why are you yelling at me? You did the same for me months ago. Don't you remember?" He asks, putting his hand down.

Lucia sighs. "I remember."

"And I would take another bullet for you." Chanyeol says.

"How's are the kids?" He asks.

"They're alright. I'm glad they weren't there to witness the madness." Lucia sighs. "Onew and Taemin took them back home early since it was way past their bedtime." She chuckles.

"How did it feel?" She asks. "The injury?"

"It felt like someone slit my arm with a flaming hot knife." He sighs. "But that pain was nothing!" He smirks.

"You idiot! How can you joke around at a time like this?!" She scolds him and he flinches. "You almost made me give birth at my own party!!"

"It's how I cope with life." He says. "But I'm so sorry that I freaked you guys out."

"It's not your fault. You were only doing what was best." Lucia holds his hand.