Rage

Max's POV

I still hadn't gotten over the events of Jeddah.

I barely spoke to anyone. I trained hard with Brad, played FIFA, slept a lot, but nothing seemed to help. I just wished she were there with me. I needed her more than ever.

Even as just a friend.

It was Wednesday in Abu Dhabi, four days till the final race of the season and I just came back from dinner. As usual, I made myself comfortable on a sofa in my hotel room and opened Instagram. Scrolling down my feed mindlessly I found pictures of me from today, Skysports interview, articles about the season finale and

a picture of Lewis with Anna...in Prague?!

...

Anna's POV

Lewis left on Wednesday afternoon after spending almost three days with me in Prague. I dropped him at the airport and hugged him one last time before saying goodbye.

Since that fateful night, nothing else has happened between us. Neither of us talked about it anymore. We were back to being just friends as if nothing had happened between us. But deep down I knew how much I'd hurt his feelings and it hurt me too.

He really was the kindest person I knew, I wished him nothing but happiness, but the more time we spent together, the more I started to realize that I only belonged to one. 

To Max Verstappen.

...

Max's POV

"What happened here, Max?!" Daniel exclaimed in horror at the sight of the mess I made in my room.

Shattered glass, scattered things, broken me.

This time, I had been completely overcome with anger. No sadness, no pain, just pure rage.

"You told me to wait, and look, is this what I've been waiting for?" I threw my phone at Daniel. "Is it?" I yelled, seeing red. "Is this how she was supposed to make up her mind?"

...

Daniel's POV

He reminded me of the Max I used to know: the aggressive, reckless, rash Max who could not control himself.

Looking at the broken screen of his phone he threw at me, I knew I had to calm him down.

"Calm down?! How, tell me, you know-all, how am I supposed to calm down? I swear I'll kill him, I fucking kill him I don't care," he threw his hands in the air.

"Ok, why not, if you think it will help you get her back..." I tried to lighten the atmosphere but in vain.

"I don't want her back," he said coldly.

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

"I don't want her, she can fuck whoever she wants, but I don't want her anymore, slet" he cursed in his mother tongue and started pacing nervously across the room like a lion trapped in a cage.

"Watch your mouth or you might regret what you say," I warned him. Being angry is one thing, but insulting Anna? In front of me? I won't let him do that, I thought.

"I don't fucking care!" he yelled at me.

Okay.

"Well, if you don't care about her anymore then why are you acting like you're out of your mind?" I tried a different approach.

He stopped pacing and turned to me, piercing me with his bloodshot eyes, "because I hate losing."

At that moment, the door of Max's room opened and his dad entered.

"What the hell happened here?!" he cried out. Yeah. Exactly. That's what I thought as well when I first saw the mess. What. The. Hell.

Max only shook his head as he run his hand through his hair.

"Max?" his dad approached him.

"He..erh...he's..." I tried to save the day but I couldn't find the right words.

"I'm pissed off, dad," Max was faster than me.

"And that's supposed to be the reason to behave like..."

"Like what, dad, say it, come on, say it," he pushed him.

I stood there, unable to do a thing.

"Like a child, Max, you're acting like a child."

"No, that's not the word you wanted to use, come on, say it to me."

"Max, enough," I put my hand on his shoulder, "please."

"Is it because of her?" Jos asked bluntly. He wasn't helping.

"I told you her name is Anna for fuck's sake," Max shook my hand off his shoulder.

"So it is," Jos nodded, "so you've seen the pictures already I suppose."

Did he see them too? I thought, puzzled.

"Yes."

Was I the only one who had absolutely no idea about what was going on? 

"And," he continued, "have you told her already the truth about Laura?"

Max shook his head no.

"Why?"

"Because..."

"Because I told him to wait," I jumped in and finished the sentence for him.

Jos looked at me, then at his son, and said sternly: "alright, I'll do it then.