𝗌𝗂𝗑. welcome to the show

Start from the beginning

"Do you know what you want to do yet?"

Johanna leaned back in the wooden chair, which squeaked softly. "Probably throw some axes. I wish I could throw them in their faces."

Nova sighed distantly. Oh, how she wished that too.

When Nova was called out through the old demolished speakers, Johanna gave her a last reassuring nod.

Her gaze slid up to the game makers and anger flared in her. She wanted to smack the smug grins off their faces as they used their brains to think up the cruelest deaths for the tributes.

She wanted to get back at them. All of them. She wanted to make them realize that they still had a long way to go to break her down.

In the corner of the room she saw a camera and she got an idea. With luck, President Snow would see her individual lesson.

Nova cleared her throat loudly, but people continued to talk amusedly to each other, drinking their wine and eating steak.

"Nova Jailey. District Two," she announced loud and clear, finally earning the attention of everyone.

The young woman hurried through the room and rattled off one station after the other. She gathered everything she would need.

She tied a knot and was glad for the fact that Mags had taught her how to do it a few years ago. She fastened the sling around a pull-up bar and pulled one of the training dummies up on it.

With red paint she wrote two words on the dummy. Then she crumpled a handkerchief and symbolized a white rose with it. Satisfied, she looked at her work and turned to the camera.

Her plan was risky, perhaps even deadly, but it was a clear sign to President Snow. A sign that he was not in control of her. That she was done following his orders.

"Dear president Snow. I figured you couldn't make it to my individual lesson to see what I can do." A troublemaker grin formed on the brunette's lips as she thought about her next words.

She went to the knife throwing station and grabbed an extra sharp knife. The light reflected off the silver material.

Then she turned back to the camera. While twirling the knife between her fingers, she continued talking, "So I decided to bring the show to you. It would be a shame if you had to miss it."

There was no turning back now. Her heart was pounding rapidly and her fingertips were tingling as she taped the snow white flower onto the blade of the knife.

In one nimble turn Nova threw the knife. It felt like it was cutting the air in slow motion.

It seemed as if everyone was eagerly following the knife with their eyes, holding their breaths, which landed exactly between the shoulder blades of the dummy.

The improvised rose fell to the feet of the dummy like a fading flower in winter.

The impact caused the dummy to turn 180 degrees and the game makers were able to read the two bloody red words.

'PRESIDENT SNOW'

Wine glasses fell to the floor and screams of the game makers broke out. Pure hysteria.