🌻 Under Raps 🌻

Start from the beginning

Y/n's eyes widen, surprised by this sudden outburst. Then, she picks up another red paper heart from the ground and hands it to Shorty. "I'm sorry about that, Shorty. Here you go." She says. "Thank you, my queen.." Shorty replies, then stumbles away. "Princess.." Y/n corrects, quietly.

"I'm.. a little worried about Cass. She's been acting kind of weird lately." Rapunzel admits. "Me too, she even skipped my archery practice this morning. And we do it every week." Y/n points out.

"Probably just the Day of Hearts. People either love it or loathe it. Cass obviously falls into the latter category because she hates everything. Nothing we can do." Eugene tells Rapunzel, who hums and shares a thoughtful look with her sister. "Or maybe, there is.." She suggests, with an intrigued smile.

[Later]
Y/n, Rapunzel and Friedborg have a picnic on a blanket in the castle garden with Bucky and Pascal on the princesses shoulders, waiting for Cassandra to arrive. At the sight of their Lady-in-waiting friend, Y/n tugs her sister's sleeve and points over to her.

"Ladies lunch!" Rapunzel tells Cassandra. "And I brought cupcakes! Each one is a single serving, because there's nothing wrong with being single!" She adds, holding up a cupcake before setting it down and bumping Pascal playfully with her elbow.

"Right Y/n, right Friedborg?" Rapunzel asks. "Mm-hmm.." Y/n agrees with a nod, before taking a bite from a cupcake. Friedborg responds by eating an entire lettuce, all at once.

"Cassie, do you want to come join us?" Y/n asks, but Cassandra politely declines the princesses offer. "This is great, ladies, but I don't have time right now. Okay? You three have fun, though." She tells them, before walking away. "Okay, bye.." Y/n says. Rapunzel sighs, as Friedborg grabs a cupcake and eats it all at once - even the wrapper.

[An Hour Later, In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
Cassandra and Y/n assist Rapunzel in brushing her extremely long hair. Y/n glances at Cassandra, who notices that her brush seems to be stuck.

"Uh, wait! What is that? Is something caught up in my hair?" Rapunzel asks Cassandra, after giving her sister a subtle wink. Y/n nods with a smile, as Cassandra pulls out a note that Rapunzel hid in her long hair for her. Cassandra opens it, to reveal the words 'YOU ARE SPECIAL'.

 Cassandra opens it, to reveal the words 'YOU ARE SPECIAL'

Rapunzel gasps. "Now, how did that get in there?" She asks, pretending to be stunned. Cassandra shrugs, with an unimpressed frown.

[Two Hours Later, By Cassandra's Bedroom Door]
Rapunzel knocks on Cassandra's door, while Y/n is busy with chores. Cassandra opens the door and Rapunzel shows her a painting of her Lady-in-waiting friend that she painted herself.

"Will you just stop, Rapunzel?" Cassandra asks, snatching the painting from her and shutting the door. "Drastic times call for drastic measures.." Rapunzel tells Pascal.

[Half An Hour Later]
At the sight of Rapunzel hiding in the hall, Cassandra turns around to walk elsewhere but Rapunzel approaches her. "Cass, look what I got for you! I know you are gonna love this!" Rapunzel declares, showing her a sparring dummy that has Eugene's face painted on it.