008 | eight

•<><><><><> 💫 <><><><><>

there in the bars

•<><><><><> 💫 <><><><><>

The only light source in the room was the small desk lamp next to Jisung's textbook. 

The library was supposed to be closed for half an hour already, but with lots of childish whining in front of the librarian Jisung was allowed to stay a little longer for studying.

Technically he could've brought the books he needed back to his apartment, but his clumsy self forgot his library card. But tomorrow he had to take a small test, so not studying was not an option.

His eyes flew over the paper, his hand taking notes while doing so. 

He really regretted not starting his work earlier, because even though he could fail the test on purpose and be expelled from university, he wouldn't be able to stand strong against the disappointed words his parents would throw at him.

The door creaking made Jisung's head snap up. The librarian had entered.

»Honey, I'm sorry but you'll have to leave now«, she said, sending the student an apologetic look. »I'll let you take the books home this once, but I can't leave you here over night.«

Jisung sighed, but nodded. »Thank you anyway.«

The elder woman smiled, Jisung returned it. He closed the books, grabbed his jacket and made his way out of the library, thanking the librarian again and wishing her a good night.

The cold air hit his face harshly as he stepped outside, making him wrap his jacket tighter around his body.

He checked his phone, the clock ready half past nine. There was no notifications, as usual.

Jisung's parents had called a week prior, but they only asked about how he's keeping up with his studies.

He told them it was fine so far, but that it was still worse than he had imagined, and he could practically hear them shake their heads in dissatisfaction. 

»I told you your music hobby is gonna get in the way with your studies«, his mom had lectured him.

Jisung hadn't replied anything and hung up. His parents hadn't even tried to call him back. Part of him was glad, the other part was hurt.

He shook that memory off and put his phone back into his pocket. The books were resting in his backpack, heavier than he had expected. He just knew his back was gonna hurt when he got home.

Faint music reached his ears.

It wasn't far to his apartment anymore, the fact he entered the neighbourhood with all the clubs and bars confirmed it.

It was the hour where people were usually arriving at clubs instead of leaving, so Jisung didn't worry about any drunk creeps for now. 

He passed a few clubs with loud dubstep beats coming from inside, but no one standing outside.

The bars where a bit more peaceful, the student slowed his steps there. Soothing jazz music came from the ajar windows of the buildings, heartfelt laughter sounded from inside.

It smelled a bit like alcohol, but it was alright, Jisung never thought alcohol smelled as bad as people said it did.

His eyes landed on a smaller bar a few metres before him. 

›Lover's oasis‹, the sign above the door read.

Hm. Lovers.

Jisung's mind drifted back to his dream once again. 

In case he ever found someone who was willing to be with him, he would want to go there. Just as a reminder that he had overcome his loneliness. Within the town he had to stay in to study law unwillingly, as a sign of some kind of victory.

At the moment Jisung wouldn't be surprised if it never happened.

Perhaps one day.

•<><><><><> 💫 <><><><><>

586 words

why am i so eager to upload