002 | two

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

are you shining just for me?

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

While all the other students were cheering, throwing their hats into the air with big smiles on their faces, Jisung had been gloomy.

It had been the day of his graduation, one step closer to participating in classes he didn't want to attend. Well, he never did, but until now he had no choice. Now he would've had one, yet it was taken away from his as well.

He still didn't want to become a lawyer. He may have accepted it by now, but it would still ruin his entire mood as soon as he thought about it. 

Through the crowd, Jisung had spotted his parents. They were holding up their thumbs, proud grins plastering their lips.

He forcefully smiled back at them.

Ruining their mood too wouldn't make his own any better, so he pretended everything was fine and he was happy with finishing high school.

But in reality, he just wished to be a kid again. When he didn't have this burden on his shoulders, because he was still hopeful.

With a sigh, he had stepped down the podium with his classmates, ready to go home.

💫

Now him and his dad were sorting boxes into a moving truck.

It was the day Jisung would leave for college, his parents had rented him a small apartment within the town by the school.

His mom came rushing outside with a camera.

»Say cheese!«, she said, weirdly excited, clicking the button before any of the two could react.

Jisung groaned. »Mom, instead of taking thousands of unnecessary pictures, you could help us put these boxes in the truck.«

»Jisung, honey, that's man stuff«, the woman laughed, clicking through her photos.

»That's stupid«, her son grumbled. »These things are heavy, you know? We could use every hand.«

His mom looked up from the camera. »Now, now, Jisung, don't talk to me like that.«

He just rolled his eyes and but the carton down. »I'm stating mere facts, mom.«

»Don't be disrespectful«, his dad chimed in.

Man, was Jisung glad to finally get out of this house. Without responding anything he grabbed the next box – and almost dropped it to his feet. 

»What the hell did you put in there for it to be so heavy?«, his father gasped when he took it himself, barely managing to transport it into the moving truck.

»It's just my music stuff«, Jisung mumbled, hoping his parents would dismiss it. He put the last remaining box in and shut the back door.

»Your music stuff?«, Mrs. Han scoffed, looking at her son in disbelief. »What the hell do you need that for? You have to focus on your studies there, your little hobby will only get in the way!«

»Mom.« Jisung slowly massaged his temples, already sick of staying here any longer. »You're already making me do something I don't want for the rest of my life. Leaving me a hobby that makes me truly happy is the least you could do.«

The woman rolled her eyes, but she let it go. 

»Well then«, Jisung's father chimed in, clapping his hands together. »If you have everything, son, you're set to go!«

Jisung nodded. »Are you gonna drop me off at the apartment or–«

He was interrupted by his dad: »Oh, we're not coming with you.«

He pat his son on the head and pointed to the truck. »You're going with your belongings. You're a big boy now, aren't ya!«

While Jisung's parents let out a heartfelt laughter, sounding almost proud, the boy himself was dumbfounded.

»Now, now, off you go!«, his mother softly pushed him towards the truck door. »Call us!«

He was pressed into the seat, the door was slammed in his face. He was startled by a voice next to him.

»Well, they're quite eager to get rid of you.«

In the driver's seat sat a young man, not too much older than Jisung himself. His eyes were set on the road, as he pressed on the pedal and manoeuvred out on the street.

As Jisung didn't reply, he quickly added: »I don't mean this in a bad way, I find it a little weird honestly.«

The boy next to him nodded, averting his gaze on the road as well. 

»I'm Chan, by the way«, the driver mentioned after a few minutes of silence. »Just so it doesn't get too awkward.« He chuckled lightly.

»Jisung«, Jisung only replied.

After that, they were silent. Sometimes Chan would ask a question or two, Jisung only giving dry answers.

He was pissed at the fact his parents couldn't even say a proper goodbye to him. 

With furrowed eyebrows, he stared out the window.

The city-like landscape soon turned into something much more rural, wide fields stretching over the countryside. Then they drove through hills and mountains, the lush meadows raising Jisung's mood a little. 

It was a truly beautiful view.

After approximately three hours, they were back within a town. It was small and its houses had an older kind of architecture.

»We should be there in around ten minutes«, Chan announced, gifting Jisung a small smile.

💫

So there he was. Standing inside a tiny apartment that was now his.

The furniture? Barely there.

The only things he actually managed to build was his coffee table and the couch. The kitchen and bathroom were luckily built-in, so he didn't have to worry about that.

His bed was only a mattress, but he didn't mind that. 

For now, all the unpacked moving boxes would make his cupboards, everything that was too big or heavy would just be placed on the floor. 

With a sigh he let himself fall on his ›bed‹. 

In two days, college would start. In two day, hell would officially begin.

And to be honest? He was so unprepared that he wouldn't be surprised if he was kicked out the same day he stepped a foot into the building.

God, he did not want to be here.

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

965 words

damn his parents suck lmao