𝟎𝟎𝟏

Thinking ' '

Out loud " "

Past 'Italics'

SOMETIMES I wonder why I had a child.

I groaned as my alarm woke me up, I turned over to turn it off only for a body to stop me. Damnit. Riley... I swear he fell asleep in his room.

I sighed and got out of bed, giving him a couple more minutes to sleep.

I made my way to the kitchen preparing some coffee and cereal for the both of us.

"RILEY" I yelled, setting the table with his food. He came downstairs rubbing his eyes. He hopped on the chair and started to eat.

"Good morning mama" he yawned, smiling at me, and continued to eat.

"Good morning baby" I kissed his forehead. 'He can be so nice when waking up.' I sat down in front of him and joined him.

We ate together and once we were done, I put away our dishes as he went to get ready for school. As I got ready to meet Nezu.

Nezu THE Principal of UA, had emailed me last week, wanting to meet with me about becoming UA's new representative lawyer, which had a high pay and I've always wanted to go to UA. So why not. But today we are sealing the job, going over more things that can't be said over email.

I already had my outfit picked out, I just needed to shower and get dressed for my day.

I smiled and went to see if Riley was ready. Which he was. He saw me peeking into his room looking me up and down.

"What?" I said, raising my brow.

"At least you don't look like a hoe," he said with the most casual face, oh imma hit him. He walked past me and I hit him in the back of his head. He chucked and ran downstairs to put on his shoes.

"Nigga I swear.." I mumble under my breath, making my way to the door. Opening the garage I started the car.

Riley hoped for him and put on his seat beat. "I'm ready mama," he said yawning.

"You got everything, your lunch, your phone, your backpack?"

"Check, check, and check. Don't worry mama" I smiled at him and stroked his face. My baby. I turned back around and pulled out of the garage.

Riley looked at me through my rearview mirror asking, "Can we get McDonald's after school?"  This child was spoiled. I sighed and looked back at him.

"Sure baby"

I smiled as I dropped him off at school, he kissed me and ran to the gate, and a little girl ran up next to him. Her name was Eri, he had told me that she's was a new student in her class for about a month now.

I was surprised when he told me about her. He didn't talk about people at his school that he liked. So when he told me about her, a friend, I almost cried.

I'm so glad he's opening up, that's what I was worried about. Anything that happened with his father... I was just worried he'd be traumatized and wouldn't open up.

I'm glad he made friends with her. Getting back to my car before I started to cry and embarrassed him.

I started my car and plugged up my phone blasting Beyoncé, 'RENAISSANCE'. I pulled away from the school and made my way to UA and honestly, I felt like I was gonna throw up.

"You got this..you've come so far" I was copying the words of my therapist. It helped me calm down. I sighed and smiled at myself. I got this.

"HELLO, Ms. Lee!" Nezu's cheerful voice filled my eyes as I made it to school. I stood in front of the gate, he spooks through the speakers that had a small tablet.

I smiled, "Hello Mr. Nezu." He sipped on some tea and clicked a button, opening the gate.

Walking through and saw the huge building. The building had immense blue windows that was basically the building. There were four tall pullers that connected together making UA.

I walked through the huge doors and thought, 'Damn!' I smiled and walked through these halls. My inner child was going crazy. I always dreamed of going here.

Then I got a little lost... I stood in the hallway looking at the map in the middle of it. Which was not helping at all.

"Ok, so I'm in hall B and Nezu's office is at..." I mumbled to myself, still looking at his damn map. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I quickly grabbed the person's hand, pulling them to the ground. I put my heel to their neck and pulled their arm.

"Ouch-" the man said, I gasped and pulled away. Shit. That was a Pro- Hero. Shitshitshitshit.

"Shit! I'm so sorry!!" I yelled before removing my heel from his neck and I held out my hand, helping him up from the floor. He rubbed his neck and chuckled.

"No, that's my bad. I snuck up on you." He sighed still rubbing his neck, I gave a nervous smile as he rubbed his neck.

"Again, I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine, really" I gave him one last sorry before looking back at the map. He tapped my shoulder again and I turned to him.

"I can help you" he offered, pointing at the map. I sighed, that's probably what he was trying to do before I choked him out.

"Right, thank you!" I gave a bow. "I need to know where Nezu's office is" I smiled as he pointed at the map. Showing me a route to his office.

"I can bring you there, I was heading that way." I laugh and bowed again.

"Your literally my savior, thank you." He nodded and motioned me to follow him down the hall. There was a comfortable yet awkward silence between us. I wanted to break it but I couldn't find the words, I don't even know him. I glanced at him and I won't even lie that's a fine nigga right there.

His jawline was so defined, he had stubble on his chin. He had nice dark hair, he had it in a bun. Lord... I was about to say something but we made it to Nezu's office.

"Here we are." He gave an awkward smile and opened the door for me.

I smiled, "Thank you, for your help even when I choked you!" He chuckled.

"Don't worry about that" after I walked in she closed the door. I turned to Nezu and smiled l.

"Sorry, I got lost!" I sat on the chair in front of his desk. He gave me a small smile and set a teacup in front of me.

"Of course! This school is pretty big after all." I sipped on some of my tea and smiled, this was some good tea.

"Now.." he typed on his computer and handed me a good stack of papers. "Let's get down to business!"

1168 words

Updated: 01/22

I hope you like the more updates version of this chapter!