𝑣𝑖.𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔

Start from the beginning

"Huh?"

"Come on you can't deny that he has isn't fine." Maki exclaimed.

"Oh who cares." You say jokingly trying to change the conversation.

The track stands at the front of the crowd telling us what we're going to be doing for the next two hours. Everything went in one ear and out the other, nothing right now the coach could say would seem fun. You had already accepted how terrible this was all about to be.

Every lap you took sent more and more needle like sensations down your legs. Thankfully you were no where near the only person struggling. You were able to chat with a few people when you weren't feeling out of breath. Maki and Masumi would talk to you every now and then when they would lap you.

You watched them attempt to make conversation with Reo Mikage every now and then. You couldn't help but laugh at their attempt seeing as there had been many girls who had already tried making conversation with him. All of them would try and make small talk with him and each time he would politely talk with them.

The sun was finally setting and you couldn't be happier. The coach blew his whistle once again calling everyone back over to him. He dismissed all of you with the first practice ending. You slowly trudged your way to the locker room. You threw back on your school uniform deciding that you would bathe when you get home. The idea of showering in the school showers make you want to gag.

You opened up your phone to see a text from Seishiro.

Seishiro
Hey my club finished and I
know you don't want people
seeing us together so I'm waiting
for you at the arcade by school
I don't think it's a good idea
for you to go home by yourself
hope that's okay
Sent at 5:22

Y/n
No thank you for that
I'll be there in a few minutes
Sent at 5:34

Seishiro
K see you soon
Sent at 5:35

You made your way out of school heading towards the arcade. It was only a little bit out of the way from yours and Seishiro's usual path to and from school. When you two first spotted it you decided that one weekend you two would spend a day there.

The flashing neon lights of the arcade contrasted with the setting sun that set everything to an orange hue. Seishiro tapped his phone playing his video games as he usually did whenever he could.

He looks up from his phone pocketing it ready to fully pay attention to you. Your focus drifts over to the arcade and the retro music that booms out as you walk over to him. You watch the few people inside playing away on the machines.

"Do you want to go into the arcade?" You ask pointing to the door. "We always talk about going but we never actually do."

"What about getting home?" He responds. You see how his eyes shift excited to possibly go to the arcade.

"It'll be fine I'll text my Mom that we'll just be home a little later than planned."

Seishiro hums in acknowledgement turning to the arcade doors. A small smile made its way to your face excited to hang out with him again just the two of you.

"I'll get us tokens." You say. Seishiro walks beside you as you head up to the front desk. Behind the counter displayed a series of prizes ranging from candy to nerf guns.

You hand the girl at the front desk cash in exchange for a card with currency that allows the two of you to play whatever games you want. You and Seishiro walk down through the arcade deciding what you wanted to play. Every game drew your attention with enticing lights and setups.