envy

in the morning i woke up to the birds calling out to each other in a way that i will never understand. my eyes scan along the beach and i see ralph and jack talking and play fighting with each other. i thought it was so cute how they were close friends, although sometimes it was hard to see that. they both then went into the forest, i'm presuming to look for food. i got up and looked over to see simon, looking like he was having a nightmare. i crouch down to his level and shake him awake "hey simon, it's ok, wake up"

he gasps as he opens his eyes, and then he just clings onto me "oh riley, that was the worst dream i've ever had" i hug simon tightly "don't worry simon, it's not real, it was just a dream"

once simon had calmed down, we sat together on the beach and just talked about random things until we heard the conch. we looked at each other confused before rushing to go stand by ralph. we got there just in time and to top it off i stood beside jack. our hands briefly touched as i arrived which made me get butterflies. i looked down at our hands, but to my surprise jack did too, we both looked up at each other but the moment got interrupted by ralph.

"the reason i'm calling this assembly is, too many people are screwing around and not working. there's a bunch of things. some kids don't know when to use the bathroom" he finishes. i look around at the little 'uns and notice mikey looking uneasy.

"there was this one kid the other day, he took a shit in his pants and sat in it. i'm not naming names cos it's possible mikey couldn't help it" one of the boys points at mikey and the others all start laughing at him and teasing him. mikey gets upset and runs over to me, i take him in my arms "god shut up all of you, he's only young" i say firmly at them all. the boys all then stop laughing and get serious again as i stare them all down with a glare. piggy then breaks the silence.

"everybody should have shut all their goddamn mouths, ralphs got the conch" jack and roger give an offended pat to their chests "all i mean is, we have to have more discipline, and more spear fishing. we've gotta have real food"

"we should be hunting pigs" one boys says

ralph looks at him in disapproval "that's all i gotta say, anyone else want the conch?"

"some jerk-off stole my knife"
"yeah things are disappearing all over"

"what are we gonna do with thieves?" ralph says.

"kick the shit out of them"
"shove their dick in the conch"
"put a stick up their butt"

"ok, ok!" ralph says "we can't have kids stealing and running wild. we're gonna have to have stricter rules, and hand out demerits i guess"

"demerits?"
"demerits for grand larceny?"
"eat shit"
"yeah"
"sir, are we ever going home?"

ralph hesitates so i step in "of course we are, as soon as they see our signal" i stroke peters little face
"jack says that we're never gonna get rescued" i give jack the biggest glare "you misunderstood him, that's not what he meant" ralph says, also giving jack a glare.
jack catches my eye but ignores it and fights back at ralph "that's exactly what i meant, there's eight million islands out here, why should they find this one?" 

"dont listen to him, we will be rescued peter, honest" says ralph. ralph calls the end of the meeting so i find an opportunity to talk to jack. i pull him aside just as he was about to follow some of the others up to some of the rocks.

"jack what the hell was that?"

"what do you mean, i was just being honest. you and ralph need to stop letting the little 'uns think we're gonna get outta here because we're not" he says "god don't say that jack, we have to at least try. just please do it for me" i look up into his eyes and his face immediately softens "you know you're hot when you get mad" he smirks and i just blush in return "shut up merridew" i say quietly "you know you love it taylor" he kisses my cheek softly and gives me a wink, his speciality, before running off.

i ran back to the main part of the beach. i wanted to do something so i helped ralph, sam and eric spear fish. i was terrible at it and couldn't get the right technique at all, ralph obviously noticed my struggle and came to help "here do it like this" he came up behind me and placed his hands on top of mine that were holding the spear. there was a small fish swimming below, we lifted up the spear and hit it perfectly "nice one riley" ralph says hugging me, i smiled. what i didn't know was that jack and roger were at the top of the rocks looking down on me and ralph. jack wore a look of fury on his face. they then proceeded to throw rocks at us "hey cut it's out!" ralph shouted up to them, but they laughed and ran off.

"you know why jack got sent to military school?"
"because he was in trouble"
"who says?"
"tony. jack told him he took a car and drove it on the highway" one of the twins, either sam or eric said. i was intrigued learning this new information about jack so i kept listening "he's a liar, he didn't steal a car" "he didn't say he stole it"

"he borrowed it, it was a neighbours, and the neighbour was away and he just borrowed it and drove it on the highway. he probably rode his dads bicycle around the block"

"then how come he got arrested"
"yeah by the highway patrol. they caught him doing 80"

just then one of the boys caught a huge puffer fish and we all gagged at the sight of it.

i learned all that new information about jack and it surprised me. i would definitely have to talk to him about that soon.

JACKS POV

after me and roger ran away from the others he stopped me "come on man, i know you like her" he teases "what the fuck are you talking about?" "Riley, you 100% like her, you were looking at ralph like you wanted to kill him" he says. i honestly did, i wanted riley for myself, i don't like to share.

"well he's not gonna get any closer with her, and i'm gonna make sure of it, just you wait and see"

𝟷𝟷𝟺𝟻 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜. 𝚒'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔. 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚘. 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 🫶🏻