eight

The 5 months time.

2147 p.m.

Eunjoo grinned while looking at the new jeans she was wearing. Finally, she thought she wore the things she had always wanted. Beomgyu was queuing at an ice cream booth, buying them two treats after some time.

He was wearing the Peanuts shirt inside his jacket and it made Eunjoo flattered but it didn't last long. The first objective came back inside of her head, looming over her.

She shunned it by scrolling through Instagram and that was when she saw the face of a little girl she adored the most.

Eunjoo went quiet with her teeth nibbling on her thumbnail. A smile played on her lips as she watched the girl in the video twirling in a pink dress.

" Can you spin for me? " A woman giggled as the girl spun around.

" Little Yoonah, my sweetie. Can you smile at the camera? "

" Aw, that's my girl! Happy birthday, honey! "

Eunjoo's fingers brushed the screen as she was brushing the girl's hair. She missed her so much.

Beomgyu came right back not long after, noticing the little frown on her lips.

" You alright? "

" No, I miss my niece. " She sniffed. " Today is her birthday and I haven't got her anything. "

Beomgyu passed the ice cream to her and took the plastic bags from her to hold. She looked at him puzzled and pulled the bag back to her.

" I can hold it. "

" I can hold it for you. "

Their eyes met for seconds and they looked away. The fluttering hearts were back.

" Let's go. "

" Where, exactly? " She asked.

" Let's take your niece to the funfair. " He smiled while taking the bags from her. " It'll be fun. "

Eunjoo faked a laugh, " Beomgyu if you forgot, my brother disowned me. "

" Well, seeing that you're still following your sister-in-law, it looks like he is the only one who hates you. "

After Beomgyu parked the car, Eunjoo felt anxious. Both her palms were sweaty and she kept hiding her face in the jacket. She was afraid that by the time her brother saw her face, she would be thrown out to the lawn and kicked at.

" I started to think it is a bad idea.I'm sorry Joo. " Beomgyu apologised. " I'm so sorry. "

" No. " She opened the door. " I want to do it. Haerin gave me the address, I take that as an invitation. "

KNOCK

KNOCK

Eunjoo clasped her hands and put them behind her. Her jacket dropped a little by her shoulder and she didn't seem to notice. She was too occupied in her own mind, worrying.