four

The 5 months time.

1730 p.m.

" Why do you want to die? "

" I don't. "

" What the fuck? "

" Not right now. I don't feel like doing it now. " He raised a hand. " I want to, but I don't want to right now. "

She quieted before mumbling, " Me too. "

Eunjoo's eyes darted to a cereal box peeking out of the black bag at the backseat. She pursed her lips, feeling her tummy rumble.

" Can I open that, please? " She shamelessly gestured to the cereal. " I love fruit loops too. "

He nodded and she reached for it, quickly opening the lid. Seeing the colourful little pieces made her smile and took a fistful, shoving them into her mouth. Beomgyu rolled his eyes but a smile played on his face after.

" You hungry? " He raised both of his eyebrows . " I accidentally heard your tummy rumble, just now. "

" Shut up. " Eunjoo munched on her cereal. " But yeah, I'm hungry. Anything you wanted to eat before you die? Meat? Bingsu? "

" Meat sounds nice. " Beomgyu remarked. " Know a place? "

" You can count on me. Take a left here, dude. "

Beomgyu read the restaurant's sign and nodded in approval.

" Catchy name, I approve. "

" Come on, old man. "

Both of them ordered 2 of the restaurant's popular meat sets. While waiting for the food to be prepared Eunjoo offered herself to choose some alcohol to drink that night.

" I know the best drink to drink tonight. Wait here. "

He nodded enthusiastically and pulled out his phone to see notifications from his friends.

TODAY

Soobin hyung

Beomgyu, have you arrived home?

Yeonjun hyung

Are you staying at mine tonight? Wollie's out for a girl's night.

Let's play that game you bought last week bro!!

Hyuka

Hyung answer the call

Turn on your live location.

16 missed calls from Hyuka

Taehyun

Hyung, i give up playing LOL

Gaming isnt my thing.

yeonjun hyung invites us to his place tonight. want me to pick u up?

hyung?

YESTERDAY

Injoo

Can you pick up the call?

Beomgyu? Where are you?

The clanking sound made him hide back his phone into his pouch bag. He looked at Eunjoo who grinned happily, placing some alcohol bottles on the table. His eyes widened when he saw her put down one of the best and strong alcohol.

" Wah, you're a hometown gal, I see. " He raised his eyebrows at her. " I think I'll be friends with you. "

She sat down and leaned back on the chair to stretch.

" I would take that as a compliment if we're not on our way to commit. But still, thank you. "

He closed his mouth, eyes awkwardly scanning the restaurant

" I'm kidding, Beomgyu. " Eunjoo chortled. " Here, let me pour you a drink, friend. "

She gladly poured him a glass and proceeded with hers. Cheered together, they downed the whole liquid, face twisted a little to the sharp taste of the drink. Eunjoo heard Beomgyu cough and a little smile appeared on her face.

" Too strong? Thought you're a hometown man too. "

He put up his hand to object, " I am! It's just... It has been so long since I drank like this. "

She lifted her head to look at his tired face. The eyebags drooped his eyes down.

" Like what? "

" Drinking alive instead of feeling dead. "

BUZZ

BUZZ

Beomgyu glanced down at the screen. Hyuka's name appeared for the 17th time and he let it ring until the end.

" You shouldn't do that. " Eunjoo rested her head on her hands, suppressing a smile.

Beomgyu let out a breath, forcing himself to type something.

Hyuka, im alright here. Im sorry to alarm you.

Hyung, i dont want to pressure u but please

At least turn on the location.

Now.

Just did. Thank you hyuka

Im sorry.

Take care.

" It won't make them feel better, but you know... " Eunjoo pushed both her shoulders up, " It's just a notice that you're still okay. "

" Yeah, I know. "