Chapter 2: Growing up

Hi guys I am back with the second chapter!!! I just wanted all of you to know that I will post at least one chapter a week and sometimes I may post two or three chapters a week. Because I have school and homework I don't know when I will be free, but rest assured that there will be at least one chapter a week I don't know which day of the week but there will be a chapter each week an less I say so.

I don't own Avatar the last airbender only the oc. I repeat I DO NOT OWN AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER ONLY THE OC.

'Speaking', Speaking.
'Thinking', Thinking.
"SHOUTING'', Shouting.

_________________________________________

"???'s POV"

It went back to black and my body got numb.

Then it felt like I was stuck in a slime and being pushed out, then suddenly I was blinded by the light. When the light cleared I saw an extremely exhausted looking beautiful, black haired, blue eyed woman looking at me, holding me.

'I must have just been born, so this must be my biological mother.' I thought.

Then suddenly two people walked into the room one man and a woman. The man has black hair, green eyes and the woman also has black hair and green eyes. Just then the woman who walked in and questioned . 'Kiyomi, Are you ok?'

'No, I'm not the doctors said that my heart is too weak and that it will fail in a few hours.' My mom who's name is Kiyomi replied sadly.

There was a sad silence for a few minutes but it was interrupted by the man Questioning. 'So what did you name the child?'

'His name is Wan.' My mom replied then said. 'When you both adopt him it will be Wan Beifong. I don't want you both to tell him, he is adopted unless he finds out somehow. This way he will live a normal life and will think of you both as his real parents.'

'We won't tell him he is adopted, unless he finds out or if it is necessary for some reason. We promise.' Said the man and woman.

'Thank you so much for this, both of you.' My mother said

'No need to thank us Kiyomi, that's what friends are for.'The woman replied smiling sadly.

'So my new name is wan and these two must be Toph's parents.' I think to myself.

"Timeskip two years"

"Narrator's POV"

It's been two years since Wan was born/reincarnated into The atla world and it has been great, well the first six months were horrible he wasn't able to walk or talk it was so boring, but then after six months of eating and sleeping, he was finally able to walk and talk but he had to act like he was still learning so he would occasionally trip and fall and blabber gibberish when talking. Now he is currently in the hospital on his birthday. Now you may ask why he is in the hospital on his birthday, well you see his adopted mother is currently giving birth to Toph.

"Wan POV"

'Come on honey just a little more the baby is almost out.' I heard dad say as he encourages mom, as his hand gets crushed by mom squeezing his hand in pain . 'SHUT UP LAO I AM DOING MY BEST. I AM GOING TO KILL YOU ONCE THIS IS OVER, YOU HEAR ME. YOUR THE REASON I AM GOING THROUGH ALL THIS PAAAAAHHHHHH.' Mom threatened not thinking straight. And with that final push the baby was out and being held by the doctors.

'Please give us a few minutes to check if the baby is healthy.' Said a doctor.

After a few tests the doctor came back and said.'Mr.&Mrs. Beifong your daughter is perfectly healthy, except it appears your daughter is blind.' Informed the doctor.

'Timeskip five years'

"Narrator POV"

It's been five years since Toph was born. Ever since their parents found out that toph was born blind, they have been keeping her in the house and keeping her sheltered from the outside world, they are basically treating her like fragile glass that could break at the gentalest of winds, and when she wants to go somewhere her parents make someone go with her, like Wan, the guards or they will go with her themselves. Currently we see Wan walking to Toph's room to talk to her about earth bending and if she wants to train plans to bring her to the cave the badgermoles live in so she can practice, so she doesn't need to run away from home to find it and will also help him get closer to her. Speaking of Wan.

Wan has been training his bending in secret, he has Mastered fire and lightning generation based on what he remembered from watching atla he has also trained his earth bending and seismic sense by copying the badgermoles movement. He started searching for the cave where the badgermoles live two years ago and found it in about half a year of searching. Wan also managed to learn and master lava bending, it took him a few months to figure out how to lava bend then it was just a matter of time before he Mastered it.

"Wan POV"

I'm currently in front of Toph's room door. I knocked on the door and Toph opened it, then I asked her. 'Hey Toph can we talk?' In response she just opened the door wider to let me in.

'So what do you want ?' Toph asked.

'Well I just wanted to know if you wanted me to help you with your earth bending?' I asked.

'What do you mean help?' Toph questioned.

'Well I know that master yuu is teaching you, but I also know he will only hold you back, he is probably going to make you do the basic over and over again even if you master it he is probably still going to do that and even if by some miracle he moves on from the basics the style he will teach you is not going to work for you due to your blindness, so I thought that I might help you with a new technique that I created, it will help you with your blindness and help you see with your feet.' I replied.

'How?' She asked skeptically.

'You'll see.' I said to her as I held my hand out for her to hold so I can lead her to the cave the badgermoles live in. Sighing in defeat Toph held my hand and started to follow me as I walked to the cave the badgermoles live in.

"Mini Timeskip"

(I am writing my format a little bit here to check if this is better.)

"3rd person POV"

Wan and Toph are currently inside the cave.

Wan: 'We are here!'

Toph: 'And where exactly are we and how are am I going to learn earth bending here?'

Wan: 'We are in a cave where the badgermoles live. As for how you are going to learn earth bending well, let me ask you this do you know the history of earth bending?'

Toph: 'No?'

Wan: 'Ok. You see, it is said that humans first learned Earthbending by observing and imitating the geokinetic powers of the Badgermoles that naturally inhabit the mountains in what is now Earth Kingdom territory. So like how water benders learnt water bending by imitating the push and pull of the tides, fire benders imitated the movement of dragons to bend fire and air benders used flying bisons as inspiration for air bending. Earth benders also learned Earth bending by imitating the badgermoles. That is also how I learned Earthbending.'

Toph: 'Ok, but how does all that help me learn earth bending?'

Wan: 'I'm surprised you didn't figure it out yet Toph. But anyway you see when I was learning earth bending from the badgermoles I figured out something the badgermoles are blind just like you, but they use earth bending to sense the vibrations in the earth, I managed to replicate it, I call this technique seismic sense with this I am able to detect vibrations in the ground to perceive objects, people, and other aspects of their environment.

Toph: 'Ok so let me get this straight you want me to imitate what the badgermoles do so that I can learn earth bending and seismic sense skill you created?'

Wan: 'Yep that is exactly what I want you to do. So you go do that I'll watch you and correct you if needed.'

Toph: 'Fine.' Toph said walked over to a few badgermoles to start her training.

The End.

1459 words.