Ardor

The potions took longer than had been initially expected, so much so that at some point, Hyacinth had silently crawled into her mother's lap and promptly fell asleep, much to the occupants in the room's amusement.

As time passed, while Hyacinth slept peacefully, those that remained awake started to notice subtle changes in the twins, like a difference in their face shape and their eyes darkening. As time drew on, the changes grew more drastic, with the freckles on their faces fading until their skin was free of them and their hair darkening from the telltale bright Weasley orange to dark brown, almost black.

While Fred's eyes remained blue, they had darkened considerably to resemble a stone grey. His jawline had also sharpened slightly, making his chin more pointed. His hair was very similar to Tom's, laying in neat curls atop his head, but it had taken on Severus's dark colouring.

On the other hand, while still looking like a copy of Fred in some ways, George had changed a lot more and made it much easier to differentiate between the two

On the other hand, while still looking like a copy of Fred in some ways, George had changed a lot more and made it much easier to differentiate between the two. His hair had taken on Tom's dark brown colouring, and his jawline had also sharpened and become more pronounced. His eyes were still bright blue but looked more similar to Tom's eyes than those of the Weasley's. The most significant difference was the length of his hair. While it held Tom's curl, it was much longer than before, sitting just above his shoulders.

Fred laughed in shock, looking at his brother, someone who he had grown up with and who had always been the spitting image of him

"Looks like you're gonna have to start tying your hair up, Feorge," He said, jokingly nudging his brother with his elbow. George looked confused for a second before Ludlig handed him a hand mirror, and he laughed out loud at the sight of his long hair.

'I think you're right, Gred", He replied, summoning a black ribbon and tying his hair back and out of his face. With the hair out of the way, he reverted to being a total copy of Fred, so Tom and Severus were silently glad that they would have something that they could use to tell the two apart unless he started cutting his hair.

Severus gently shook Hyacinth awake, silently cooing at how she stretched like a kitten in his lap as she slowly took the time to wake up. Once fully awake, she surveyed the room, gasping in shock at the sight of the twins.

"You guys look great!" she exclaimed, running up to hug them. They both gathered her into their arms, a loving three-way hug, and all three felt all was right in the world now that they all had each other.

Elsewhere, in a crowded, crooked house held together by magic on the outskirts of Ottery St Catchpole in Devon, two names on the family tapestry suddenly blackened as if charred by fire.

--------

Quick A/N to say that this chapter is dedicated to MarriedtoAndrewG22
who's comments on this story have really been a driving force in keeping me inspired to write. Their comments never fail to put a smile on my face and encourage me to keep going with this story despite me sometimes lacking the inspiration to do so. Thank you Makenzie ❤️❤️❤️