10

"o-oh, okay then. i was just wondering  if he's--"

"I'm sorry but he's not"

"what about holding him again? is it okay--"

"SIR"

god knows how much donghyuck has been holding his tears right now, seeing the person hes been avoiding for how long came just like that.

he's not ready. no, he is.. he already made up his mind. he'll never let mark into their lives.

jaemin is not naive not to notice donghyuck's hands tremble while holding his son. he eyed mark not to provoke him, slowly backing out shaking his head.

luckily mark took it and stopped and told everyone they're leaving, maybe he also notices donghyuck's reaction.

something's not okay with donghyuck. he can feel it.

ᕙ⁠(⁠ ⁠ ⁠•⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠•⁠ ⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕗ

"hyung, are you okay? you're trembling"

just like jaemin, chenle also notices donghyuck. he's just beside him anyway he can clearly see donghyuck's behavior earlier.

"hyung.. wait, ill carry minhyuck!"

Donghyuck is not in the right mind right now, he kept on biting his nails while carrying his crying son.

looks like the baby also felt his papa's distress, he might be also uncomfortable on how strong donghyuck has been clinging to him.

chenle tried to take minhyuck but got shoved away.

"hyung! what's wrong with you! he can't breathe!"

but still donghyuck dont want to let his son go, he tried to escape by walking out on their apartment but gets blocked by chenle.

"you're not talking! you're not like this earlier, what happened?"

donghyuck don't want to talk, not this time. he just want to go somewhere with his son.. away from everyone

away from mark.

"get a grip of yourself! your hurting your son!"

chenle repeatedly slaps donghyuck' arm until he gets minhyuck. he always did this when donghyuck pacing out and the baby was uncomfortable, donghyuck is the one who suggested it.

donghyuck just stare at them while caressing his arm.

"hyung, what happened?"

instead of answering, donghyuck's tears began to pool which made chenle panic.

"my son! give me my son please.. no"
donghyuck don't know what to do, mark just took away his child! he can't let that happen

"what? hyung stand up! what are you doing!"

he cried louder, trembling.. almost begging.. "don't take my son please, i'll do anything.... uh...."

"i won't take---- hyung! hyung!  renjun-ah! help!"

chenle wants to cry, he just saw donghyuck on his knees crying and then changed by attacking him.

"give me my son! you bitch!"

"ouch! hyung!"

he tried to block minhyuck by turning his back but doesn't help because donghyuck is punching his back and grabbing his hair.

"what's happening-- DONGHYUCK!"

finally, renjun together with jaemin tried to stop donghyuck. renjun shielded chenle and the baby while jaemin held struggling donghyuck.

"LET ME GO! YOU FUCKER! YOU THINK I DIDN'T KNOW? U LEACH! YOU'RE HERE BECAUSE OF MARK, GET OFF!"

"donghyuck, please calm down"

"LET ME GO MARK YOU ASSHOLE, WHO TOLD YOU YOU CAN HOLD MY SON HUH!? I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

renjun panicked when donghyuck started to attack jaemin, both him and chenle are confused why is he acting like this and who is this mark he's talking about.

jaemin didn't try to stop donghyuck from scratching and punching his chest, he understands his frustration. even him, he's guilty that they had their way to go near them. without their knowledge.

"hyuckie, stop! minhyuck is so distressed because of you"

seems like the father heard minhyuck's cry, it made himself stop what he was doing and ran towards renjun and chenle who's still holding the baby, stepping back to protect him.

"i... w-why is my baby crying? are you hungry? hmm?"

both renjun and jaemin watched how now calmed donghyuck took his son. chenle on the other hand senses that his friends are now harmless, he let donghyuck take the baby.

donghyuck tried to calm the baby by rocking it slowly while humming a song, he ignores the confused stare of jaemin, chenle & jaemin. it's just him and his son.

he unconsciously wiped the tears from his cheeks.

huh?

"why am I crying?" he stopped what he was doing and asked them.

"you're bleeding, jaemin! what happened!"

they just stood there, confused. as donghyuck tried to find a cloth to wipe the blood in jaemin's mouth, chenle took the chance to get minhyuck again, telling him to take care of jaemin first.

"have you gotten into fights? jaemin it's very dangerous! you have to be careful okay!" donghyuck said while wiping the wound he created.

Jaemin, Renjun, and Chenle walked out of the room. they sensed that donghyuck is no longer harmless so they bid their goodbyes.

"what... just happened? why is he acting weird? aww" jaemin almost fell to the ground, he's done acting strong.

donghyuck is strong, those punches are not a joke as someone like him.

"to be honest, it's not the first time he does that"

Chenle told everything as they came home to their shared apartment.

"after he gave birth to minhyuck, he suffered from severe postpartum depression. he doesn't like minhyuck or anything related to him at first, he's always angry and crying to the point we have to take minhyuck away from him for a week, he doesn't want to get a psychiatrist as he said it would be so expensive but we still get him one anyway because he tried to drown himself on the well, he's still not recovering until he can't feel his son anymore. he cries, beg, and went violent to the people around him, just like what he did to you anyway. he thought we gave his child away to the other family.. its an orphanage.. only the way we can calm him is a slap on the face, which he agrees if he did something horrible again just slap him"

"chenle... you talk too much, ill zip your mouth if i get a chance" renjun told him while leaning on the door not far from them.

"It's okay, it's just jaemin though"

"Is his depression already gone?" jaemin asks, he didn't know that the man is suffering. mark is really a dipshit

"yes, the psychiatrist told us he's already okay but something is wrong with him lately. it's like it came back again"