Foreword

Dedication:
To Cassandra Clare,
for creating the immersive universe
known as the Shadowhunter Chronicless.

To my friend, Alexandra
for introducing me to the Shadow World,
all those years ago.
If you hadn't randomly asked me
to choose between Jem and Will,
this fan fiction would not exist.

Author's Note:
This fanfiction is based on the 'Shadowhunter Chronicles' book series, predominantly 'The Mortal Instruments' series.
This fan fiction does not take into account the events from 'Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments' (television series) or 'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' (film).
The author has tried to keep this fan fiction as canonically accurate as possible, with a few exceptions. (For example, Raphael Santiago has been aged up to eighteen).

This fan fiction is told from multiple points of view, and sections of the books have been cut out/altered/shortened slightly, in an effort to get the point across more efficiently.

Disclaimer:
Cassandra Clare owns any and all characters that are mentioned or appear in her books that are mentioned or appear in this fanfiction.
The author of this fan fiction owns the following original characters:
Spencer Green
Janice
Ella

This fanfiction contains mild language. There is minimal description of violence.

Please private message the author if you have any questions, queries or concerns.
If you have an issue with the story, characters or themes, please take it up privately with the author.
Negative and inappropriate comments and remarks to other readers will not be tolerated.