"We were confused and emotional, we didn't think it through." Mrs. Kim cried. "Please, Joonie come back home. We want you in our lives. We want to be a part of yours!"

"I have my own life now." Namjoon mumbled, grabbing Yoongi's hand. "Come on. I want to get out of here."

Yoongi handed him the car keys. "Here baby, go start the car. I'll finish the shopping and meet you there in a moment."

Namjoon turned away, running away from them.

Yoongi faced the heart broken parents. "He just needs some time before he's ready to get some closure from this. I agree that kids need loving, caring parents in their lives, so I'll talk to him for you two. But you need to give him time and understand that you pushed him away first, and that if he decides to not come back it's not his fault."

Mr. Kim sighed, hanging his head. "I know. You're right. Mr. Min, you said? It's nice to meet you too. Why don't you come over for dinner sometime? We can all talk and get to know each other and... it'll be so nice to see Joon back home again."

"That sounds good." Yoongi smiled.

"So, you're the one who... you were his teacher?" Mrs. Kim eyed him.

"Yes, I was." Yoongi said evenly. "And you need to know first and foremost that I didn't manipulate, force or blackmail him into being in a relationship with me. Your son is the smartest, finest student I have ever had. He has a good head on his shoulders and that comes from you two raising him right. You should be proud."

"We are... we just miss his so much." Mr. Kim shuddered, trying not to cry.

"Here." Yoongi pulled out his phone. "I'll give you my number, and you can call us when you want us to come over. I'll make sure he at least gives you two a chance."

"Thank you." Mr. Kim said sincerely.

They traded info, and Yoongi grabbed his cart, still watching them walk away.

He watched how Mr. Kim grabbed a box of fruit snacks and sighed at them, reluctantly putting them back on the shelf.

Yoongi quickly paid for their items and hurried to the car.

Namjoon sat in the front seat, his arms crossed as he looked out the window.

"Got you something." Yoongi murmured, tossing the boy a box as he started the car.

Namjoon looked down at the packet of fruit snacks in his lap and snorted.

He ignored them for a few moments, before picking it up and tearing it open.

He put one in his mouth as he stared out the window at the passing scenery.

Yoongi focused on the road, but he still saw that out the corner of his eye and smiled

-

"No!" Namjoon exclaimed, pushing Yoongi off of him. "No! I'm not - no! No!"

Yoongi sighed as he sat back. "Namjoon, listen to me. They're your parents-"

Namjoon shook his head rapidly. "Not anymore! They decided not to be, remember? I'm fine without them! If they don't want me then I don't want them!" He ranted as he slid off the bed and yanked his shirt back on.

Yoongi had tried to bring the topic back up while distracting the boy during sex, but Namjoon still wasn't up to the idea in the slightest, and even with Yoongi kissing down his abs, the boy still refused to cave in.

Yoongi slid off the bed as well, still in his boxers, and grabbed Namjoon's arm.

"Namjoon. I know they hurt you and they are the two people who are never supposed to do that, but they realized their mistake and they want to make it right."