I could've taken any other blanket, but he deserves to suffer a bit, I can feel Adrian's glare burning a hold through Ezekiel, as he scratches his neck "look-" he starts but he's interrupted by Adrian's voice, "get out and run ten laps." He says and my eyes widen, "what? No! It's literally snowing what the hell?" I ask.

No I mean—this is way too far, he'll fucking freeze, "he was in the military, they had to do more shit than that, running outside is nothing to him and he made you cold so he deserves the same, don't be generous, darling." Adrian states flat out, I'm still panicking when Ezekiel gets outside and waves from across the window, then shoots me a glare when Adrian turns away for a split second.

"Don't leave him for too much outside." I say then immediately realize my mistake, he cocks his head to the side raising a brow, "are you taking his side?" He asks and I groan, "do I have to pick sides?" I ask annoyed by this, I can't quite understand if Adrian is jealous of him or if he just wants to be the center of attention but a huge part of me suspects the first option, and honestly I don't want to believe it.

"Make them twenty laps!" He yells and my eyes widen further, I put my hand on his bicep and his eyes immediately meet mine, they are shimmering with an intensity that isn't new to him, but this time I couldn't ignore the way my skin prickled and my belly seemed warm as the hairs on my arms stood on an end.

He stares at where my hand is connected with his skin before looking up again, "don't." I say, forgetting what I was even saying it for, oh right! Ezekiel, he breathes heavily before letting out a deep breath then nodding, "okay." He says and my brows hit my hairline "just that?" I ask, a laugh slipping out of me, he smiles a little "just that."

✿ ✿ ✿

"Assholes!" A yell catches our attention as we turn around, seeing Ezekiel striding in the living room with the other two guards, Ivan, and Victor, they seem more Brutal than Ezekiel and definitely unapproachable, I haven't interacted with them since I came here, so it's been three months and we barely said a word to each other.

Adrian raises a brow, surprised by their appearance just like me, "what are you doing here?" He asks, Ezekiel shrugs his shoulder "it's boring, we should play a game." He says and Adrian glares, "no." He replies, "oh come on! Don't be a fun ruiner." He says then directs his gaze on me, "don't you want to play, princess?" He asks, I raise a playful brow.

"Depends on the game." I say and he throws a dismissive hand, "you're not playing." Adrian says to him, his tone way harder than before, Ezekiel gives me a look that says help! "Adrian, please," I say and his gaze softens as he turns to me, "for god's sake, woman." He whispers, I grin "come on! Let's play." I say and Ezekiel grabs some drinks and joins us as
Ivan, Victor, and even Reina sit around the room.

"So, it's either you drink or answer the question...here." Ezekiel holds up a bunch of paper cards, Adrian curses under his breath and excitement rushes through my veins, it's been a long while since I played a game like this, "I'll go first!" Reina says and we nod, Ezekiel passes a shot of what I assume is vodka and a paper, she opens it and her brows hit her hairline when she sees the question

"Read it out loud." One of the guards says, she clears her throat "who wrote these?" She asks turning around, Ezekiel shrugs "we bought it." He says and she clears her throat, her attention going back to the paper "have you ever had a crush on someone here?" She says, red tinting her cheeks, Adrian's hand travels up my thigh, I place a hand on his, I don't know why, but it just happens.

His hand stills and I feel his breath shuddering beside me, "uh, that's a weird question, it's probably gonna be me, I know how charming I'm, sweetheart no need to be embarrassed." Ezekiel says and I raise a brow, "actually no." She says, I cock my head as she directs her gaze on Adrian "just when I was serving at their mother's, I had that tiny crush on you." She says her cheeks reddening further, and Adrian raises a brow, looking as surprised as everyone else.

"Oh! So it isn't me, what a shame." Ezekiel mutters under his breath then passes the cards to me, I read the question out loud "what's the last thing you googled." I say, I don't think it's embarrassing if we're being honest so I give it a try and go get my phone, I open google and immediately curse myself for not deleting my latest history search.

The last thing I searched was what does it mean when I'm aroused around someone I'm supposed to hate? "Um no—not answering." I say but I feel Adrian's gaze on me, and I'm not so sure that he didn't see it, "vodka is too strong, put something on it for her." Adrian says, his attention directed at Ezekiel, "sorry boss, that's the rules." He says and I pray silently that Adrian won't put him six feet under.

Adrian curses as I take the first sip, the strong taste hits the back of my throat, as I chug down an entire glass to cool off my wounded pride, "so! Your turn." Ezekiel interrupts and winks at Adrian, he doesn't seem surprised as he grabs the cards, he raises a brow, when he sees the question, I lean closer to get a better view, tell everyone the worst hookup you had in your life.

Adrian reads it out loud, and Ezekiel's eyes shine with amusement, Adrian leans back in his seat and runs a hand through his hair, "it was years ago, we were both drunk as hell and ended up vomiting after the moment we kissed." He says and my brows hit my hairline as a laugh bursts out of me "it wasn't funny, trust me." He says which just makes me laugh harder.

"I'm jealous of the lucky woman." Me too, Ezekiel says sarcastically, as he grins at us, "it wasn't a woman." Adrian says cocking his head at him, I've known that he was bisexual for years but for some reason I thought this story would involve a woman just like Ezekiel.

"Oh, still jealous though." He replies before shuffling the cards together and passing them to victor, "come on you grumpy ass." He says and victor glares at him, he has a scar across his face making him seem scary, and one thing I noticed about him is that he's always glaring which makes it so hard to even communicate with him,

I feel Adrian slowly leaning closer to me as his lips brush my earlobe "we need to talk." He whispers and goosebumps run down my spine, I nod at him unable to form words, "you two love birds!" Ezekiel interrupts and both our attentions snap to him, "fuck. Off." Adrian spits the two words out as if he wants to strangle him, "don't kill him please." I whisper under my breath, "I won't promise." He says.

A Vote is really appreciated myls
This chapter is the longest one I've ever written but I hope you enjoy it! 💌