The Lonely Ghost Remake

A small ghost was standing very still. Everywhere around him was an empty black space that seemed never to end. He looked at what was supposed to be his hands. The Ghost's skin was grey, similar to his light grey buttoned chemise. The only things that weren't grey were his brown scarf, his brown hair, and his black shoes and pants. The spirit felt lonely and confused. It has been maybe a year or two since he got here. Well, that was the lie that he kept telling himself because, in actuality, he didn't remember anything that happened before he appeared here. He didn't remember much about his life; only a few memories were blurry and uncertain.

In one of those blurry memories, he could see a tall teenager with black hair and clothes almost identical to him, but he couldn't see his face; it was very blurry, and he was uncertain of who he was. All he knew was that he was playing a song using a guitar. Both of them were in a field near a forest. After a moment, the teenager stopped playing the guitar and looked at him. The Ghost couldn't hear all of what he said, but he could still hear the phrase "did I do great?" before the memory faded into nothingness.

The last memory that he remembered was a little odd. It was in the middle of the night, and he was in an empty room. He then heard a slight cracking noise coming from the stairs. He then repeated the noise until he could see a tall shadowy figure. It started to stroll towards him. He tried to move or run but couldn't move at all, he was stuck in place, and the shadowy figure looked down on him before the memory faded into nothingness.

He had tried to exit the never-ending black space but failed every time. He abandoned after a few hundred times and decided to reflect on himself and try to remember his memories before ending here. But it took him a lot of time to remember one memory, and he felt a bit down because of how empty everything around him was.

All he did was stand up and look at the space, waiting for something to move or change. He tried to entertain himself by playing with his scarf or by imitating the teenager in his memory. Everything that could make him forget this awful place, but after a while, he grew tired of doing the same thing over and over again, and he lost all hope.

But one day, something changed, he was lying down on the "floor," trying to sleep, but of course, he couldn't, like always, he slowly opened his eyes and saw something way different, he saw some light, the light was humming just like a fluorescent light. The Ghost stood up and ran towards the light as fast as he could.

He closed his eyes and hoped for the best when he entered the flashy light.

The sound of the humming light stopped suddenly. The Ghost was scared to open his eyes. He was afraid he would still be in the empty black space when he opened his eyes. But to his surprise, he wasn't in there anymore; he was now in a place that looked like a bedroom. In the room, he could see a cyan couch on his left. In front of him, there was a bed with a white sheet perfectly put on it. On his right was a weird mirror; it was strange not because of its shape or location. It was because it felt like it was watching him. It was not a good feeling to feel, not at all. He flinched as a cracking noise was heard from the stairs behind him. His hands trembled a little. Did he imagine things? Did he actually hear a noise coming from the stairs? And if he actually heard a cracking noise coming from the stairs, what could make such a loud noise?

Crack... Crack... Crack...

He heard it again! He was sure that it was actually real and not his imagination. He slowly walked away from the stairs and went near the bed. The noises were louder and louder until it was utterly invading the whole house. He started to see a large shadow form near the stairs. It was a tall shadow that didn't feel safe to be around. The shadow then disappeared as fast as it appeared. After a minute of intense stress, someone walked into the room. He was tall, very tall. He had black hair and white skin. He was wearing a mask with black circles and a wicked smile, and he was also wearing a black costume. He looked closely at the Ghost. His gaze made the Ghost scared and stressed at the same time. Then a noise came out of the man's voice. "Brother?" said the man confused, "Brother? Is that really you?" he continued. The Ghost was too scared even to answer, making the man even more confused.