𝐢. where'd all the time go?

Start from the beginning

EDITH TRAILED UP THE PATH, it was a bit cold outside as the view of her new home came into view. Her leather suitcase felt heavy and bounced with her movement. The autumn leaves before her were a dull yellow or orange color. They made loud crunches under her brown boots.

She finally had made it up to the porch, it felt nice to arrive to the house after an hour a non-stop walking, a kind man had offered to get her partly there and he did! It still was a long walk but she was beyond grateful for that interaction.

The porch had had 2 chairs facing a table and a broom in the corner. It was nothing like the city's outside decor. In the city porches we're littered with furniture, plants and expensive items that weren't worth half their prices. It was different for sure but it was a nice change of scenery for the girl.

She was facing the brown door now, she sighed before quickly knocking on the door a total of 3 times. She stood in front of it, she rolled back on her heels a bit and hummed to herself nervously.

Soon, a girl with blonde hair that was tied back into braids and a brown dull dress answered the door. She was almost as tall as Edith, a smile spread across her face. " Mom! Ediths here! " She yelled and ran across the hall to where she guessed her mother was.

Soon someone she recognized came with the girl. " Edith! Dear, you've grown so much. " Aunt Lilith said as she threw her hands up slightly to her sides.

" Hi Aunt Lilith, it's a pleasure that you were able to take me in. " Her aunt smiled and took her hand lightly pulling her into the house. It was cold but  and quite big. Her mothers family were known to be wealthy so it didn't surprise her much. " Kids! Edith is here! " She yelled looking up at her stairs. Soon about 4 kids came barreling down the stairs in excitement.

" Cousin Edith! " One yelled that was about half her size. She smiled at the unknowing kids. The youngest ones hugged her knees while a boy around her height stood behind them, smiling at Edith.

She noticed who he was, he had bright blonde hair, almost white, with striking blue eyes. They use to hang out together as children before she moved away.

" Alexander! " She yelled as he smiled and took her into his arms. The kids at her knees piled away as they watch the 2 kids reunite. " I thought you had moved out of Green Gables to find a profession. It's been forever. " Edith smiled and pulled away. " It has, I'm glad i have another kid to help me with the barn now. None of the others can, their to young too. " Alex smiled.

" Well Edith, supper is about ready. You can unpack your things and then come down to eat if you'd like sweetheart. " Aunt Lilith said slightly bowing her head a smile etched onto her face.

" Of course, i'll be down in a few minutes! " Edith said looking at all of her family before quickly making her way to the stairs and walked up them.

Her boots slightly stomped on the stairs as she made her way up them. She finally reached the top of the stairs and smiled a memory coming back into her vision.

There Edith stood, her mother on her side and her father on the other side of her. It was there new house, a new start in London. A amazing city with millions of riches.

She looked down, and frowned at the memory, remembering her old house. She felt guilty for her parents accident even if it wasn't her fault.

She finally looked back up and walked down the hallway. She looked into all the opened doors until a room neatly organized caught her eye, that was most likely hers since all the others had clothes on the ground or books and slates on their desks.

Edith smiled and entered the room. The dim light of the moon partly filled the room as it was already dark out. The curtains were drawn open and a beautiful tree she couldn't identify that sat right in front of the window.  A bed was placed in the corner and next to it was a nightstand where a small candle stick and holder was placed.