"wow.. that was a clean shot"

she flinched and looked up at the unfamiliar man looking down at her.

"don't worry, i don't kill women.. your little friend wasn't able to pay off his debt so these were the consequences. he was fully aware of that"

— now —

ran stepped closer to the body bag.. as a bit of light hit it, his eyes snapped open.

the hair was different... and the person had piercings which he had never seen before.. but he'd recognise his brothers face any time.

"no... no, it can't be..." his whole body started to shiver and he felt a cold sweat running down his back.

"rindou-" the body bag was closed, covering rindou's face under it before they carried him into the ambulance.

"ran" y/n mumbled, the older - or the only haitani turned his head to her.

"rindou told me to tell you that.. he distanced himself to keep us out of trouble because he was in debt... he told me to tell you that he wasn't mad at you anymore.."

ran was surprised.. he was surprised by rindou being in debt, he was surprised by him not being mad at him anymore... and he was surprised about y/n knowing that rindou knew.

izana on the other hand was confused. he was confused on why rindou would be mad at rindou.. and it messed up his head.

— a few days later —

— ran's pov —

i stared down at his dead body in the morgue while one of the 'doctors' or whatever they're called talked to me.

he was already deceasing. his skin was grey and dry, his lips were dry and the hole in his forehead was obviously still there as well.. but he still looked like rindou.

"did you perhaps know anything about your brother taking drugs, sir?"

i looked up at him in surprise.

— flashback —

"what the hell is that... cocaine?" rindou looked at me with a judgy face.

"just trying it out... want some?" "eh... no, drugs aren't my type"

— now —

"..no, he wasn't the type to do something like that"

"well, he was on a lot of drugs actually..."

hah, rindou, on drugs? that has to be a lie.

unless...

— flashback —

it's been 3 days since rindou decided to shut himself off from the others, his argument with
y/n must really bother him.