[ XXI ] HE'S BACK

Start from the beginning

The next morning, I woke up with the thought of Sunghoon already leaving but the bathroom's door opened, revealing him half-naked with only a towel to cover the lower part of his body!

That sight made me wake up to my senses immediately. I looked away and coughed, "I thought you already left."

He just smirked and walked towards the walk-in-closet. After that, he went out wearing a white polo shirt and a denim jeans. He paired with brown leather shoes and a dazzling silver wristwatch.

I got confused for a while when Sunghoon took the path towards the ranch, yet I remembered that this trip is a secret so they can't ride a car and pass through the front gate. I just can't understand why he's wearing that outfit knowing he's about to ride a horse.

Heeseung was taking care of Tucker and Lilly when we got there. He halted everything to look at us.

Sunghoon pat my arm, "I'll be back in a week."

I nodded. I could see in my peripheral vision how Heeseung glared at us. My heart almost skipped a beat when he pulled my waist closer. I then felt his lips on mine. It was just a peck but it already made me feel something... huge.

"I love you." He muttered under his breath. I can't respond to him. I was stunned to even respond! He showed me a faint forced smile when he realized that I can't say it back to him yet, "Take care..."

I nodded and waved at him. He effortlessly climbed the horse while Heeseung was just standing beside his horse. Sunghoon looked at him, "Let's go, Alas."

Heeseung raised a brow at me. As if he's asking me what the hell did just happen. I awkwardly smiled and waved at him as well. He just disappointedly shook his head and effortlessly climbed his horse.

I looked at them until they vanished at my sight.

It was already evening. I am standing at the veranda of our room while tracing the stars with my index finger, trying to make a shape out of its constellation. It's just like what I usually do when I was still at Miren.

I haven't made up my mind, yet. I don't know who to trust. I am powerless and I can't get Miren back on my own. I need someone to help me.

I just don't know who. Should I trust my brother... or my husband?

I almost flinched when the door aggressively opened. I squinted my eyes to see who's coming. It was a familiar figure...

"Sunghoon?"

His eyes were burning while walking towards me. I looked at his whole body and noticed he's not wearing the same clothes anymore.

"Hey... I thought you'll be back after a week." I hesitantly said. I almost held my breath when he immediately locked me in between his arms.

I stared at his face. Why does he... look different? Those eyes... were unfamiliar to me. He looks like a predator who just found his own prey.

"So... this is what you look like..." He muttered in a low voice. My forehead creased in confusion, "Nice meeting you, Princess Ari."

He grabbed my hair as he pulled it, locking my lips with his, in a deep, hard... and a painful kiss.