On Thursday I also get no response and it starts to make me nervous and I catch myself looking out for her friend, Yelena, but I don’t see her on campus.

I just wanna know if y/n is alright.
I send her a few more messages during the day, aware that I might annoy her but I just need an answer.

When she doesn’t come to class on Friday, I am really worried and after the lecture I go to the secretary and ask if they have any information.
Surprisingly they do.
Y/n called in sick since Wednesday.

A part of me is relieved because that means she is at least safe but the other part is worried about her being sick.

Since I don’t have any more lectures today, I work a little bit in my office but my mind keeps wandering off to y/n. I don’t like the thought of her being sick and I want to take care of her.

After a bit of arguing with myself, I grab my stuff and make my way to my car.
It might be dumb but I can’t help myself.

I look at the apartment building in front of me and take a breath before going to the front door.
Luckily, I know her last name because otherwise I wouldn’t have a clue where to ring.
When I look at the name, I remember that it sounded familiar since the first time I read it but I can’t remember from where.

I shake my head, this isn’t important right now.
My nerves rise as I ring the bell and I fidget a little with my fingers as I wait for her to buzz me in.
She does it without asking who it is and I frown a bit but don’t complain.

There’s a high chance she wouldn’t have let me in if she knew it was me.
I walk up the stairs until I see an opened door and walk towards it. There’s no sign of her, so I just look into the apartment, then I hear her voice.

“Lena, you got to remember your keys! You can be lucky I love you, otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten up.”
Her voice is soar and she sounds sick and exhausted. Worry fills my body even more.

“It’s not Yelena, it’s me, Natasha.” I call back, not wanting to startle her.

Silence fills the apartment and I close the door, stepping out of the little hallway and into the living room and kitchen.
To both sides there are doors, both open. I’m not sure where to go, so I carefully look around.

“What are you doing here?” I hear her voice again, coming from the right door and I slowly approach it.

She’s laying in her bed and I’m almost shocked at her state.
She’s really pale, bags under her eyes and looks really sick.
I want nothing more than to run to her and make sure she has everything she needs.

But I don’t do that since we had a pretty big fight not even a week ago. She’s clearly not happy to see me and her demeanor is rejecting, which hurts me a bit but seems fair.

“I heard you were sick and I wanted to see if you are okay. I was worried.” I add and she huffs and rolls her eyes. She’s never been annoyed with me and it’s a new look that I don’t like but I understand it.

“Why were you even worried?” She asks before starting to cough.
It sounds really bad and I want to take care of her so bad.

“Because you were missing in class and weren’t returning my messages.” I explain and she looks at me between coughs and when she speaks again, her voice sounds even raspier.

“And why do you care? I’m nothing important to you that you are afraid to lose.” She says and hurt glints in her eyes.
For a second I am confused what she means but then I recall our fight and my words and suddenly understand what she means.