"Really?" her brows rose.

"Yeah."

"So that's where you were when you went missing." Lucy mused. "But why?"

"I saw your expression when Caroline told you that he couldn't make it to the party." he began softly. "He was still angry with you. All because of my doings. So I went to apologise."

"Are you serious? Klaus Mikaelson apologising. That's some news." she laughed, pulling away to look at him but fell silent when he didn't crack a smile.

"Hey," she pressed a hand to his cheek, looking into his eyes fondly. "Tyler is angry for all that happened with Carol. None of that was your fault."

"Yeah." he nodded, biting his tongue to hold back the truth, and pulled out of her reach. "But I still ruined his life. So, I just persuaded him to understand that none of my actions were approved by you. And he shouldn't hold them against you."

"And how did he react?"

"He was, firstly, positively unthrilled to even see me. Then proceeded to attack me, which I had to dodge to make him hear me out. And once I was done saying my verdict, he punched me once for a good measure. And asked me to get out, so I did."

"Wow." she chuckled slightly. "So, did he forgive you in the end?"

"Doesn't seem so." he shrugged. "But, hey, at least he forgave you."

"You know I'm proud of you, right?" Lucy asked, leaning onto his shoulder.

"Yeah." he smiled. "Me too."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

"My eyeliner looked so much better than yours." Nik teased as Lucy wiped her eyes with makeup cleanser.

"Oh, please, don't flatter yourself." she scoffed comically.

After their whole patch-up emo talk, they'd decided to call it a day and while Lucy cleaned up her makeup (given how Nik had already cleaned up his own), Nik talked her through it, leaning against the doorway, already dressed in t-shirt and loose pants.

"What? You should've compared it. My hands are far more steadier than yours." Nik shrugged.

"Ha! I know you called a make-up artist. Don't fool with me." she stuck out her tongue, crumpling the cotton pad into the dustbin.

"Well, but mine was still better." he shrugged with a smirk.

"Can you help me with this?" she asked, beginning to pull out hair clips out of her hair.

He moved forward wordlessly, coming to stand behind her and beginning to help her. "So, how's Brie now?"

"She's sleeping peacefully in her room. Katherine's gone, I presume done with whatever agenda she had."

"You aren't worried about what she planned?"

"It's just something related to the Cure." she sighed. "They're all mad after it. But we'll be out of here tomorrow. It no longer matters."

"Is that so? Or is it that you're worried about something else?"

"Maybe." she shrugged, bringing her hand back to try to undo her dress' zipper. "I'm just escaping all those worries. I don't wanna stress on Brie's birthday. Neither should you."

"Allow me." Nik said, guiding her hand back and beginning to undo the zipper. "But isn't escaping problems unhealthy?"

"Not exactly." she said. "Bonnie gave me a heads up. Katherine's disappeared for today. The worry's gone. Besides, we're all safe, aren't we? I don't want to stress myself out after months of peace."