A groan behind her made her jump. She quickly turned looking around for the source of the sound. "Hello?" She walked further but slowly not knowing what to expect. As she rounded the corner she saw a sight she never in her life could have ever imagined.

"Mom!" She screamed in horror, "no," her voice now quieted. Her vision blurred as the tears poured down, her feet locked as she tried desperately to reach her mother. "Mom..." Her voice trailed off.

"Ara honey," her mom coughed sending bits of blood spurting from her mouth,"is that you sweetie?" Her hand reached out which Ara grabbed and moved to her moms side.

Her stomach bore a gaping wound pooled by the blood that stained the ground. Bits of glass and splintered wood dotted her skin. Ara lifted her mothers red hand to her mouth kissing it not minding the blood now staining her legs and mouth. "I..Mom I..." She couldn't get her words out, her voice cracking as the tears poured down her face onto her mothers hand. Her body racked with each sob. Her mother coughed again.

"I'm here honey," *cough, "I... I want you to listen to me."

"No, mom... you're going to make it." She blurted out, her voice cracked with each sob. He mom coughed up more blood spilling it down her face and black hair. Her soft features stained by her own blood and the tears of her daughter.

"Honey...li...listen to me...please." She croaked. Ara buried her face in her mothers hand sobbing aloud.

"I can't loose you." She breathed in a whisper, her tears now spent leaving her eyes aching. Her mother now let her tears fall washing some of the blood away with it.

"You... You will need to.... to continue without me."

"Stop!" She yelled in a whisper, "you aren't going to die!"

"I want you... Find your father... if he is still alive tell him... tell him I said goodbye."

"Mom please, pleas don't leave me," she sobbed.

"There is something... in my room under the floor... find it... it was yours and I..." her mom now began to cry, her voice cracking and rising in pitch, "I should have given it to you... I should have many years ago..."

"Stay with me!" Ara pleaded.

"I love... I love you...Ara," her voice trailed off as her breath left her.

"Mom?" She rubbed her hand, "mom?" Her body began to shake once more as she lay down beside her mother sobbing. The blood from her mother soaked into her clothes as her new found tears rolled down her mothers calm face.

"I love you," she whispered. Her words never reached her mothers ears as she became limp in her daughters arms, her face pale, life leaving her body leaving it a shell of what she once was.

Ara cried by her mothers side for what seemed like forever, her chest aching from the loss and mind racing with anger.

"Ara!" Lydia's voice faintly cried outside. The blue dust still falling from the sky giving the atmosphere a fanatical look, almost as if this was all just a dream.

"I'm here," she croaked but realized it was too faint for even the nearest to her, "Over here!" She yelled in an escalate tone, her voice disturbing the silence that had temporary enveloped her thoughts and mind. She looked at her mothers sweet face remembering all the times they had spent together, all the memories she held onto were the only ones she would ever have, no more, no less. Her face was tear stained, her eyes red and dry.

"Ara?" Lydia said stepping through the wall and onto the littered floor. She moved through the kitchen until she saw that horrible sight. "No!" She whispered quickly moving to her friends side, "Ara...I...Im so sorry." Ara turned from her mothers face to her friends giving her a weak smile. It didn't stay for long as the sadness once again rushed over her like an unstoppable wave. Lydia wrapped her arms around Ara bringing her close. "Im so sorry." She whispered her voice cracking. She knew Ara had been here for some time, she had to get her out and away before she fell into depressed state of mind, assuming that haven't already happened. "Ara," she moved her off from her mothers body allowing her head to rest on her shoulder, "we need." Ara sat up nodding wiping her face but only managing to smear blood across it.