Chapter fourteen➖

Start from the beginning

I cleared my throat and looked away, breathing heavily. "Uh...where can I change?" I softly asked.

"Just head upstairs and turn right. The first room is mine." Haruto kindly smiled as he continued to wash the few dishes. I nodded, turning around and heading upstairs.

I quietly shut the door behind me and walked towards Haru's large bed, placing the clothes he had given me earlier on it. I puffed, slowly taking my damp shirt off and tossing it on the floor. I dried my skin and my hair with the towel, then tossed it on the floor as well. I took Haruto's shirt, sliding my arms in and pulling it over my disheveled hair. Next, I hesitantly took my pants off and slipped his sweats on.

I huffed, walking towards his full length mirror and checking my appearance. His clothes swallowed me and you could barely see my curves and thighs, which I low-key kinda liked it. His sweats were like parachute pants and his shirt was like a dress on me. And my hair? We don't talk about that.

I grabbed my clothes from the floor, along with the towel, and neatly folded them together. I headed towards the door and exited his room. While walking down the stairs I was greeted by the tantalizing and delightful aroma of fried food, noodles and vegetables, which made my stomach grumble yet again.

I reached the kitchen and the scent grew stronger, making me drool.

"Hey, I'm done. Thank you so much for this." I shyly said. Haru lifted his head and his gaze met mine. He instantly looked nervous once he laid his eyes on me. He gulped, hard, and his lips slightly parted as he scanned me from head to toe. I felt so small under his intense stare, and so I cleared my throat, making him snap out of whatever trans he was in.

"Oh uh...s-sure." He nervously chuckled, nodding his head and continuing to cook.

I sat on one of the high stools and watched as Haru delicately cut his vegetables, then slowly threw them in a pot and gracefully stirred the stew.

"Haru, I have a question." I started.

He hummed and flashed a small smile.

"Why do you live alone?" I asked, slightly tilting my head.

"Well I moved out of my parents house a few months ago. They actually bought the apartment for me, but then told me that since I'm eighteen already, I have to get a part time job that'll help pay my own rent." He explained.

I let out an 'ohhh' and slowly nodded my head, still attentively watching him cook. Then, another question popped up in my head.

"Where did you learn how to cook?" I smiled, and he smiled too.

"I taught myself. Well the first time it didn't go so well because I nearly burnt my entire apartment down to ashes..." He laughed, rinsing his hands in the sink. "But then as time went by I started learning the basics. Like how to cook bibimbap and jajangmyeon. It's pretty simple."

"By the way..." He started. "Do you like samgyeopsal?" Haru grinned.

"Of course! It's my favourite food!" I flashed my semi gummy smile, unaware that it makes Haru's heart beat excessively.

He nodded, and bent down to take something out of his cupboard. He carefully placed his Samgyup griller on the island, along with two pairs of metal chopsticks. He opened his fridge and took two cans of coke out, also placing them on the table.

"Tonight, we're gonna make our own samgyeopsal!" He cheerfully said, beaming and cutely clapping his hands.

"I can't wait." I smiled.

After about 20 minutes of setting up the grill and gathering the ingredients we needed, we finally got to grill the pork. Haru and I chatted a lot in the process, which was really nice because I learnt a lot about him and felt a bit closer to him too.