●・𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛・●

Start from the beginning

So she would. She wouldn't cry, she wouldn't let anyone know what was going on because she couldn't risk it.

With the money she'd earned the whole time being under the company, she would probably be okay. She could find a part time job and she would finally be able to see her mom.

If she thought like that until the very end, she would be fine. She just had to step out of the band. No biggie.

Except for the last detail in the instructions: no one in the band could know. She had to only call Bang Sihyuk and leave, she had to avoid contact with her members forever after tonight.

So Ara put a smile on her face. She put a big smile on her lips and held onto Beomgyu's arm tightly. She inhaled Kai's perfume and delighted herself with Taehyun's cute little "de-stressing" massage he would always give her shoulders before a performance.

She looked at Soobin looking at the members be loud and smiled. She also held eye contact with Yeonjun. Oh, how she loved Yeonjun. How she would miss him.

Yeonjun.

But her love was not enough. She knew she loved him with all her heart and that the other members were a part of her life she would never trade. Not unless their lives were at stake. How could she ever look at them if she knew she'd been putting their lives on the line?

She was not worth their loss to the world. They were all stars and she just wanted them to shine, even if it meant she'd have to stop twinkling in a little bit.

Because, how could she deny the world of their talent, their smiles, their hearts?

They would also be better off without her. She was a setback most of the times. She was not as talented in dancing as Yeonjun, nor she was a brilliant singer as Taehyun. She didn't have stage presence as Soobin or Beomgyu, and she didn't bring warmth like Kai.

She was the odd one out.

"Fay, look this way!", she heard the paparazzi yell and she smiled and held a peace sign for them.

Beomgyu and her did an arm heart and she posed cute pictures with Taehyun and Soobin.

She held onto Yeonjun's arm while they walked down the hallway and to their respective seats.

"You're awfully quiet", he scrunched his nose. "You don't have to worry. Our fans love us regardless of us wining or not an award", he patted her head lovingly.

"I know so", she mumbled back. This is what she would miss the most: her and him, the way it seemed they had been made for each other.

She'd miss the way her hand fit perfectly with his and the way his smell was so familiar and reassuring. She'd miss him so much.

Don't cry.

She took a seat in between Taehyun and Beomgyu, and the three of them talked nonsense until the awards ceremony started. Every single second in here was cherished, because she soon would not have them around.

After a few awards delivered, and after their stage show, they were backstage and Huening Kai approached her. The rest of the boys were showering, and since she'd been the first one to do so, she was waiting on a couch.

"You can't resign", her heart stopped. How– how did he know?

Her eyes grew twice the normal size and her panicked gaze traveled across the room before she launched towards him and tried covering his mouth with her tiny hands.