And all for some drugs?

I just didn't believe it.

"No" I shook my head with a small laugh "I've been tortured, almost raped, manipulated and sexually assaulted. There is simply no fucking way I went through all that over a little amount of drugs"

"It's not just drugs, Mrs Malfoy" he sighed heavily "This whole thing would be way too easy to put to rest if simple drugs were the equation. Malice and Mikael ran more than a drug cartel. They sold and traded illegal weapons, potions, magic... humans"

"Trafficking?" I asked "That explains the—in that club they held me in, when I managed to escape, I stumbled across that room of women and that's where I found Crystal"

"Yes, Kehlani took here down to the Ministy and that's when she discovered that Crystal had been there for almost a year. She's lucky to be alive and it's because of you that she is" Draco said.

"Yes, they don't tend to keep women there for that long" Mr Trotter said "You're lucky to have escaped when you did, Mrs Malfoy. Any longer and I'm afraid you wouldn't be here with us right now"

"So let me get this straight" Draco said, shuffling forward in his seat "Everything my wife had been through, all this torture and suffering... was because my son owed money to a bunch of pathetic criminals?"

"That's... all we are led to believe so far, Mr Malfoy, but—"

"I'm gonna fucking kill him" Draco grumbled as he quickly stood from his seat and began to bolt towards the door before I could even process the fact that he had moved.

"Draco!" I shouted in an attempt to stop him as we both fled the office, leaving Mr Trotter alone.

"I cannot believe I thought for a second that he—"

"Draco" I said more sternly and grabbed his arm. He didn't stop walking but looking at me as he did "What are you doing?"

"Scorpius—"

"Do you even know where he is?" I rose an eyebrow "Do you even know if this is true? Mr Trotter said himself that drugs wasn't even the full extent"

"So, what am I supposed to do?" He asked and tore his arm from my grip. I decided to ignore his aggressiveness and sigh heavily.

"Just be patient... please" I said and swiped my hand over my mouth "Let's go back and here everything Mr Trotter has to say, yeah?"

He slowly nodded and together we made it back to Mr Trotters office where he sat with his arms folded almost expecting that we would be back.

"I apologise" I said as Draco and I sat back down "My husband has a temper and for good reason"

"It's understandable, Mrs Malfoy" he nodded and leant forward "But what I was meaning to say before your Husband stormed out was, Scorpius wasn't the only one who owed money and he wasn't the only one who signed to use you as bait"

"What?" I frowned and looked to Draco who held the same look of confusion "Who... who else would use me as leverage? I know no one but Draco and my-my friends. Surely, none of them are into drugs and even if they were, they wouldn't put me in any danger"

"She's right" Draco said "Who else could she of made so mad?"

"We have an idea" He said hesitantly and looked across the both of us "It's not certain—"

"Oh, for Merlin's sake!" I groaned "Who is it?"

"It's not certain, Mrs Malfoy" he repeated "We're still yet to identify the culprit but we have him in custody and we were hoping you might be of some help"

"Me?" I chuckled and leant back, crossing my arms over my chest "I'm getting a bit sick of identifying people if I'm being honest"

Draco chuckled and tore his head down, trying to hide the smug smile on his face. The sight made me laugh some more until it was just the two of us sat across from Mr Trotter, unable to hold back the laughter spawned from absolutely nothing.

...maybe a little madness.

"Oh, fuck me" he sighed and tossed his head back.

"I'm trying" I mumbled, hoping he didn't hear but the way his eye immediately found mine had told me otherwise "You won't let me touch you"

"I had a broke arm, Anna—"

"I think we're getting a little off topic here" Mr Trotter cleared his throat uncomfortably and for a moment, I'd forgotten he was here and where we were.

"Oh!" I gasped and sat up right "I'm so sorry—uh—you wanted me to identify someone?"

"Indeed" he nodded and stood up, stepping around his desk and behind us.

"If you'll follow me"

The person to guess who it is in the comments, gets a cookie.

Word count 1502.