Deep Voices

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Miss me?" I repeated the words back to myself about 10 times, standing in the same spot of the cellar with the parchment in my hand—wondering what it meant.

I ran my finger tips over the red writing, I didn't recognise it, nor as Draco's or mine. I thought maybe it could of been something Draco's parents had left behind or forgotten about but then again, it was clean, undusted.

After a moment of being clueless, I came to the conclusion that it was something Elora or Lorenzo had been into when they snuck in here, trying to prank Draco and I.

I rolled my eyes and scrunched the parchment in my hands, crumpling the words before dropping it to the ground. I reached for the whisky again when a bottle right next to me suddenly burst, spraying shards of glass and liquid all over the floor and some on me.

I squealed and jumped back. Staring at the burst bottle, the red content leaking down the shelf and onto the floor, creating a large burgundy puddle.

"What the fuck?" I whispered, taking a step towards it and inspecting it closer. Why did it burst? Glass was known to explode under extreme pressure or high levels of heat but like I said before, this room was always chilled and the air was clean.

I looked down to my hands and noticed small diagonal cuts along my knuckles from the glass. They didn't hurt, only bled. The crimson dripping down into my fingernails.

I sighed and grabbed the bottle of whisky from the shelf, deciding I would ask Draco about it when I got back upstairs.

I stepped around the puddle and headed towards the door when another bottle shot out in front of me and smashed onto the floor. I took a large step back, now beginning to get scared. We lived in the wizarding world but not even enchanted bottles of Berry Ocky Rot moved on their own.

"Draco?" I called out, guessing he must of been in the room. For what reason? I wouldn't know but I had no solutions. I feared to take another step, not wanting a bottle to land on me or smash Anymore against the floor.

I stood silent for a second, trying to listen for any movement that wasn't mine or another smashed bottle but it was as silent as it was when I came down here. I shook my nerves and took another step, heading towards the door with twice the pace.

Again, another bottle smashed but this time it was coming from the other side of the room. I didn't have much time to question it before another bottle smashed and another, then another and another. It was continuous, each sound of the glass shattering was getting closer to where I stood in the middle of the aisle.

One more bottle smashed from the side next to me and that's when I decided I wasn't staying for what was gonna happen after. I started to run down the long aisle, seeing the open door in the near distance.

I held the unbroken bottle of whisky in my hand, holding tightly as I heard a loud thud.

I stopped and looked to my left, hearing a heavy thud after another. It was slow but ongoing, each thud getting closer to where I stood, it was until a couple of rows over that I realised the shelf's were falling atop of each other like dominos.

I screamed and dropped the bottle of whisky in my hand, now running as fast as I could for the door, watching as it got closer by the second.

I was so close that I could reach for the handle but suddenly the door slammed shut, leaving me in the complete darkness. I started to freak out, wrapping my hands around the door nob and pulling with all my strength to get it open but it wouldn't budge.

The shelf's and bottles of whisky continued to shatter and fall to the ground, leaving this cellar a pool of expensive beverages and old wood.

"Draco!" I banged on the door, yelling at the top of my lungs in hope that he would hear me "Draco! The door is stuck!" I pulled at the handle once more but no luck. I cursed and tried to feel around myself for a light switch, knowing full well that there wasn't one but I couldn't think of what to do.