four

Harry wakes up with his cheek pressed against Louis' bare chest, warm and held and happy. It seems their mornings waking up together are few and far between with their schedules, so he basks in this moment, closing his eyes again.

He wants to keep this peace as long as possible, before Millie starts scratching at the door wanting to be walked and Louis is up and leaving for an emergency again. Sometimes he wish he could freeze time. He often wishes for the remote from Click, so life could fast forward through all the moments where Louis is gone. He wants him here, in his arms, where he knows he's safe.

He feels Louis shift a bit underneath him, bringing his hand up further so it rests on his back. He turns his face into Louis' chest, his skin now clean and smelling of his shower gel, and burrows into it.

Louis sighs sleepily, and Harry can feel him kiss the top of his head. "G'morning, pretty boy," He mumbles. Harry just hums, content.

"Smell good," He mumbles, brain still a little groggy, and Louis laughs, raspy and soft into Harry's hair.

"Yeah? Showered just for you, darlin'," He grins, leaning back a little from Harry so he can look down at him. His hair is sticking out everywhere, eyes puffy from sleep, or maybe lack-of. Harry's not sure. "Used soap and everything."

"Mm, romantic," Harry closes his eyes when Louis rests his hand on his cheek, stroking his face with his thumb, preening under the attention. "You get enough sleep?"

"Not much," Louis admits, and Harry pouts sympathetically. "That nap fucked me up a bit, I think.

"Poor baby," Harry hums, reaching up and brushing Louis' hair off of his forehead. "...Bet I could tire you out, if you wanted."

Louis laughs again, but Harry doesn't miss how his cheeks flush at his words. He moves his thumb from Harry's cheek to his nose, wiggling it around his nostril until he backs away and swats at his hand. "Hey!"

"We haven't even been awake ten minutes, Harold," Louis points out. "Really jumping the gun this morning, huh?"

"Fine," Harry shrugs, sitting up and starting to get out of bed. Louis is quick to pull Harry back and on top of him with one swift motion. That's one perk of having a firefighter husband-the muscles. Harry yelps out a laugh, Louis grinning, amused, as he leans up and kisses him.

He can feel Louis' hands fall to his hips, gripping them to keep him steady. The warmth from Louis' bare chest seeps through the fabric of Harry's jumper, and he curls his toes at how nice this is. How badly he wishes every morning was this warm.

And then, because she can't let them have anything nice apparently, Millie scratches at the door, waiting for her walk. Louis sighs loudly, leaning his head back into the pillow. "That fuckin' dog of yours, Hazza,"

"Heyyy," Harry pouts, rolling off of Louis and stretching before he climbs out of the bed. "She usually would've gotten her walk a few hours ago, she's been very patient up until now."

Harry opens the door, and Millie waddles in on her little paws, yipping up at him until he lifts her up and holds her. "Well, good morning, miss! You want your walkies, huh?"

"She wouldn't be such a brat if you didn't baby her, y'know," Louis says, but there's a fondness in his words and his smile as he swings his legs over the side of the bed.

"But she's my baby," Harry makes a mean face at him, turning Millie in the other direction protectively. Millie leans up and licks his face as if she knows he's defending her honor, and Harry giggles.

"What about me?" Louis sticks his bottom lip out.

"You're a big baby, that's for sure," Harry teases, squealing when Louis pinches his bum as he walks passed him towards the wardrobe.