Chapter 44- Something Great

Start from the beginning

"And now it is time to announce your Prom Queen..." Ally looked at the nominees standing on the stage. There was Rebecca and other two famous girls of her school.

"The Prom Queen is... Rebecca Scott!"

Again the people erupted in cheers and loudly applauded as she walked to get her crown and sash. Ally wasn't shocked at all to see Rebecca win. It was obvious because of her dominant and attention seeking personality. She looked beside her, Jake stood their smiling proudly at his girlfriend on stage, just like she was doing a few minutes ago. Then she realized something very important that she had been missing for too long. Everything that happened between Cameron and her the drama, the fight, the friendship and the love, couldn't have been possible without those two stupid people who messed up and sorted their lives. She wouldn't even be with Cameron if it wasn't for Jake breaking her heart or Rebecca tormenting her life.

She realized something very important that night, something that would inspire her always- Everything happens for a reason. It may not always seem like it was for the good but it helps to create something even great. Something that couldn't have happened if it wasn't for that bad day or incident. We just have to look for that 'something great' which we often ignore because we are too absorbed in focusing on the bad. We don't look at the bigger and seldom brighter picture. Sometimes, the good thing is too obvious but we choose to avoid it and get hung up on the bad thing. Like she was hung up on Jake when there was someone even better waiting for her- Cameron. Great things emerge out of adversities. A lesson she would never forget.

Cameron finished off his official dance with the Prom Queen and rushed to his friends. He had brought his big camera to capture every moment. He arranged his friends into different poses and clicked a few pictures. She was never comfortable in front of a camera, her face was naturally not photogenic no matter how pretty she looked. Today was no different, her smile looked weird in pictures and she wondered why does she even smile. Cameron joked about her discomfort but she laughed it off with everyone else.

"Dude, we need a group picture." Luke said retreating his hand away from Haley.

"Yes, this is gonna be so memorable." Becky shook with excitement. Ally hated that idea, she looked so ridiculous in pictures that she had begun to hate cameras. Also, she didn't want to look ugly beside Cameron.

Nevertheless, nobody heard her protests and he handed his camera to another classmate. She was standing in between Haley and Becky side hugging both of them. Beside Haley the three boys were pressed up on each other. She tried to smile without looking stupid and hoped it was not spoiled.

After the guy pressed the shutter button, everyone gathered around him to take a look at the picture. "It's excellent." Cameron commented. She peeked over his shoulder and noticed she wasn't looking half bad in that picture.

"Even you posed right this time, Parker." He remarked and her friends enjoyed another joke on her lack of confidence in front of cameras.

"Hey, you guys don't have a picture together right? Stand there I'll click it." Ryan suggested taking over the camera.

"No, Ry I think it's enough for today." She said fearing she would look stupid again beside him.

"Come on, just once." Ryan encouraged along with her other friends. It was like they had conspired to get a funny picture of her. She gave up and stood smiling beside Cameron who had an arm wrapped around her back. The button was pressed and she sped up to see the outcome.

As usual she was looking pathetic in that picture, her smile made her lips appear so much bigger. Her dress looked ill fitted which it really wasn't and she looked so short. And seeing it in his HD camera was ten times worse. "Ugh... Look at me and look at you." She said.