Chapter 1

(This is my first time ever writing a fic so please be kind)(also spelling and grammar are not my best so if a name or something is spelled wrong let me know please)
Hope you like it
Freya 29
Finn 27-28
Elijah 25-26
Klaus 22
Astrid, kol 21
Rebekah 17-18
Henric 13

Astrid Mikaelson was born the older twin sister of kol, all would have been well except she was born a siphoner. She was born a kind soul, yet one who didn't mind causing mischief with her twin, she was a clever little thing loved to learn anything she could no matter what it was. Her mother hated it as did her father, Klaus Rebekah and Elijah mostly ignored her and did nothing. While she did enjoy playing pranks so slyly to not be caught she learned to be very quiet, as learning most things she was patient. Her other three siblings did not understand while she was so silent most of the time. It did not mean her mind wasn't flying at the speed of sound. When she tried to share any of her finding, most would tell her to just be silent. There was only few who she would freely speak to as she grew older.
Finn and her twin kol did not care about what she was when their mother refused to teach her magic they did, the three of them tried to protect each other. They would patiently sit and listen to all of her discovers, or what ever she had questions about they would answer if they could. And of course she loved her little brother Henric and she was devastated when she found out he was killed by the wolves. She didn't blame Klaus for it, it was a horrible accident and she new that.

Then one night only a few weeks after the death of her younger brother there family sat together for a meal, and they shared some wine, next thing she new her older brother had gave a short scream as she looked over and found her father sword in hand threw Finns chest, kol had grabbed her arm and tried to pull her close as there father ripped out his sword and ran it threw her little sister Rebekah, the Elijah and Klaus and kol.
"For some time I've wanted to do this girl" he quietly said looking at her. Astrid said nothing as she stared at her father with hate and pain and confusion as he plunged the sword into her heart, and everything slowly went black.

When she woke Finn was holding her in his arms whispering "it's alright" over and over as she had started to panic.
"What happened, brother,    where is kol" she said looking around for her twin.
"Astrid you must drink" Finn told her while trying to mover her over to where she finally noticed someone else's body, yet not one of her siblings, some girl from the village.
"What?! Drink, brother what happened?" Astrid pleaded only then seeing her twin a few feet away. Finn tried to grasp at her and clawed her was over.
" sister he will wake soon but you must drink, you must completely the spell' he begged'I will not lose you, please drink!"
It was only then she noticed the smell in the air, sweet like      She didn't know what the overpowering singular aroma of the blood drew her close and true next thing she new her mouth was clamped on this girls arm.
There were no words to describe the feeling, it was euphoric, an indescribable feeling of pure bliss and ecstasy
But then the pain in her gums, she felt her eyes darken, not even a minute later the burning started her older brother watched as she began to glow red as she started siphoning herself. Astrid began to cry and scream as she couldn't stop until it killed her.
When she awoke hours later kol was holding her in his arm
"K Kol?" She whispered  looking up at him and gasp and whispered her name like she would disappear if he said it to loudly. "What happened... kol?"
"Your alright your alright" he said quickly hugging her
"Brother what happened?"she asked him, just as Finn rushed over
"Astrid!" He held her face in his hands looking her up and down. Seeing her shaking, her blood stained dress, and blood shot eyes he just grabbed on to her and hugged her as she started to cry. "Sister mother did a spell she laced our wine" he pulled away to look her in the eye " we are not human anymore"
"We what?" She sputtered confused and disoriented.
" we are no longer human, we can not be killed we will always come back, that is why you were able to siphon your self, you can siphon yourself forever and always come back" kol told her trying to explain and tried to show her a good side of this.
As some days pass they learned the other consequences of the spell, they were faster, stronger, they could see and hear better. But With the good came the bad like not being able to walk in sunlight, which she found a solution of very quickly for her and her siblings. The effects that vervain had on them, being unable to walk into the homes of those who had welcomed them before were able to keep them out. The white oak tree that gave them life could also be used to take it away, the burned it to the ground. But the worst was the hunger, the hunger for blood. It made Astrid sick of how much she wanted tear out the throats of those to close.

The only good thing was finding out she could use magic when ever she wanted. No longer having to siphon from one of her brother worrying if she had taken to much or had hurt them. But as her magic grew so did her parents hatred what she was, a siphoner with unlimited fuel for Magic. Days past her wicked mother the original witch had made a plan to bind her siphoner ability's with the witch Ayana's blood. As the day came she had been walking to the river just trying to do some chores her father came from behind and snapped her neck. When she awoke her arms were tied with vervain soaked bindings burning into her wrist with a stake driven into her stomach holding her to a tree, and her mother standing there casting a spell in Norris with cup of blood.

"mother?" She whimpered "what are you doing?" She cried from the pain of the vervain and the stake and the spell she screamed and pleaded "Please stop"  " mother please, im sorry" she had known her mother didn't like what she was born but she was still her mother, right?

"Mother" she whispered out of breath struggling to breath "why are you doing this to me?"

"you were a mistake" the mother proclaimed "those like you are not meant to let free, you are an abomination" she looked at her daughter in discuss. "Thanks to my other spell I can not kill you but with the help of Ayana's blood I can bind your power."
"What? No mother please!" She begged "kol! Finn!" She screamed

"They can not hear you girl" her father said walking out from behind the tree. As he grabbed her throat and her mother came up pouring the blood down her throat. It felt like fire in her Veins, her brain was as if someone had electrocuted it, and her lungs had felt as if someone had tried to drown her. She screamed and cried begging for someone to help anyone not noticing the circle of salt blocking the sound.

It wasn't till a few hours later after her parents left her there that her brothers found her.
"Astrid!" Kol came running up " what happened" he asked he ripped the stake out of her stomach and used it to break the binds.
"mmmother" she  whispered "mother binded my power, I I can no longer siphon, I   Can't do magic anymore" she whimpered out.

Finn and kol looked at each other with shock and discuss for there mother
"Sister we have to go Klaus killed Someone" Finn told her
"What, Finn wha" she started
"Klaus is not our fathers child" Finn told her
"What does that matter, he is still our brother" she said.

Kol gently grabbed her by the arm and turned her to him "Klaus's father was a werewolf, and now that he's killed someone"
"He's broken the curse, so he is like what I was, 2 different species?" He brothers slightly flinched when she said 'was'
"No, he was" kol told her slowly
" what do you mean he was, what happened?" She asked not understanding

"Mother binded his wolf" kol told her
"But how, even if she had father to try and hold him down Klaus would be to strong for him" She was confused there was no way her father would be able to hold him down if he had broken his curse.
There was a beat of silence

"Elijah helped hold him down" Finn told her
Astrid's heart tore down the middle.

"Elijah wha why?" She couldn't even think of why her brother would do this, how he could do this to his brother.

"I don't know sister, but father has killed mother and is on a rampage threw the village and he is coming for us next we have to flea" Finn told her as They got off the ground "we have to meet the others.

So they fled into the night, on to learn anything's about there powers like compulsion,  healing others with there blood, turning others into what became the name of what they are Vampires. But Astrid's favorite was being able to see into others minds and learn everything they know. They learned about the dagger, how they didn't work on Klaus and they only worked for a few years on Astrid. That was on of the worst things as time went on klaus and Elijah thought Finn was to much of a bore to they staggered him and left him in a box, and she could do nothing about it.

Sometime around 300 years into being a vampire something strange started happening in her sleep. It was like she would go to an entirely different world, so much land and place to explore, near the heart there was a huge castle, she decided to go in one day after staring at it for so long. She found the most wonderful library she had ever seen, and there she had meet a wonderful person named Lucienne. Lucienne had told Astrid she was the librarian, and had so many wonderful suggestions for books. They became quite good friends even if Astrid didn't know how real she was.