"Because he was a good person! That's why he cared for others!" I yelled, then was surprised when Human pitched in.

Human grunted. "Is that being a good person? He never cared for himself, that's why he got punished by God." He said bitterly, swirling his hand in the air up at his "God".

"Listen, because no one else is gonna spell it out for you, Lev." Ghoul said, a blank face still on as he stepped forward, and as if on water, the ground rippled with each step he took.

He grabbed my head and pushed it against mine, staring into my eyes. "Your weak. Just like him."

"Huh?" I mumbled out with wide eyes. "B-But I became a Kakuja! I'm SS rated now-!"

"Does ranking really matter?" Human mumbled, I glared over at him.

"Shut up both of you!" I yelled.

Ghoul smirked again. "We're you. We're just telling you your inner thoughts, so get used to it. And so what if being a Kakuja makes us stronger? We always can't control it... and never will be able to." He said, turning away from me.

"One day Nest will fall, just like back then..." Ghoul said as he looked over at another memory surfacing as I was sucked into it.

- - -

I believe I was ten years old in this memory. It was summer, one of the days dad came back with a smile. He had blue hair like myself, and golden eyes that shined so bright.

"Hey! I got some new toys!" He called, as he walked up the driveway with a bag in his hand. I ran with glee as I ran up to him and gave him a wide hug, my arms barely wrapping around his waste.

My mom also came out and gave him a kiss and hug. "Welcome home, darling." My mom said, her smile beautiful.

My father smiled as he kneeled down next to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "How old are you now? Ten?" He said, although he obviously already knew.

I nodded quickly and excitedly, eyeing up the toy bag he had with him. He saw this and laughed. "Okay okay, here you go!" He said, handing me the huge bag.

I jump up and down and open the bag, finding a bunch of different toys. My father was never around, so he never knew what I actually liked, but whatever he brought, I learned to love, because they were from him.

"How long are you gonna be here this time, dad?" I asked while poking around in the bag with a smile.

My dad's smile withered a bit, but then came back up again. "Come on, let's go have some dinner before you start to play with your toys." He said.

I nodded, a little bummed out about not being able to play with the toys. I took my dad's hand and walked with him into the kitchen.

As we sat down for dinner, I smiled as I took a giant fork full of spaghetti and stuffed it into my mouth. My mother ate the same, but my father didn't eat in front of me, thinking that I would see him differently.

"How are your studies going, Levin?" My father asked, looking over at my homeschooling books that mom made me read.

I smiled. "I like biology!" I called out.

My mother giggled a bit, putting her hand to her mouth. "He's been studying up all night reading on genes... and he's only ten!" She said, clearly proud of me.

I would do anything for approval from my father, and every time I did something he was proud of...

"Good job, Levin. I'm proud of you." He said while rubbing my head, I closed my eyes and grinned at my achievement.