𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋. an exquisite entrance

Start from the beginning

Seeing no point in arguing any further the girl closed her eyes.

It rustled for a while and then someone tapped Nova's hand.

The young woman opened her eyes and was astonished.

Perla held a dark red dress in her hand, which was covered with shiny rubies on the skirt. The rubies looked like little flames, devouring the dress.

The dress was puffy and went just below the knees, and was framed with velvet. Towards the chest, the dress became a lighter shade of red, until finally it got silver.

On the cleavage were silver stones in the shape of lightning bolts, representing District 2.

Her mouth fell open and completely impressed the brunette reached for the dress and let it slip through her fingers. The fabric was soft and thin, but it had several layers.

"Wow. That's a really beautiful dress," she breathed, making Perla chuckle. "Go on. Try it on."

After a good hour, the makeover was finished. Perla looked at her work with a satisfied smile and scurried Nova to the mirror.

Looking at her reflection, Nova's eyes sparkled joyfully. She looked exquisite.

The dress gently clung to her body like a second layer of skin, accentuating her curves. She wore silver bangles that had little lightning bolts carved into them.

She had mascara on and a glittery lip gloss, which made her lips look more juicy. As eyeliner served little silver stones, which emphasized her honey brown eyes.

Her hair was straightened and fell over her back like a waterfall. Strands of glitter hung sporadically in it and some more tiny rubies.

Speechless Nova hugged her stylist. "You did a great job, as always. Thank you so much."

Perla straightened Nova's dress and put her soft hand on her cheek.

"Promise me one thing, yeah honey? You'll get back at Snow. He wants to talk about power? Then let's give him power."

Nova took the elevator to the first floor, where the tributes and their chariots waited in a huge hall for the opening ceremony.

She remembered the time she was here for the first time. Back then, all the tributes were at their own chariot and avoided contact with other tributes at all costs, but this year was different.

After all, all the tributes knew each other. Or at least almost all of them.

"Supernova!"

Hastily, Nova turned around, a big grin plastered on her lips. There were only two people who called Nova by that nickname. Her little sister and—

"Johanna!" the brunette called back, almost being tackled to the ground by her best friend.

"Woah watch out. If you ruin my outfit Perla will kill me," Nova scolded amused and took a look at Johanna's outfit until she burst out laughing.

"Going for the more natural look?"

Johanna groaned in frustration and glanced sourly at Nova.