Chapter 7

Yunxiang flew back and crashed through multiple pillars and collapsed to the ground, motionless.

Ao Guang laughed and pushed himself off the pagoda. With nothing trying to hold it up, the pagoda fell, releasing all the water dragons trapped inside.

The water beast desperately ran, narrowly avoiding the falling debris, trying to catch its child that was falling through the air. Luckily it was able to catch him in time and covered him from the rubble.

The water dragons escaped from the whole in the ceiling and escaped to the surface, mixing with the waves of the ocean and headed straight for Donghai.

There was an eerie silence throughout the Dragon palace, the baby water beast climbing out from under the lifeless body of its parent.

(Y/n) coughed from all the dust in the air, clutching a piece of Yunxiang's armour that flew off him when he fought Ao Guang. She looked around and found another piece, and another. She gasped when she saw small pieces of red fabric gently falling through the air. "Yunxiang?!"

Yunxiang blinked his eyes and tried to move, but the pain was too much and he fell back down. Black smoke circled in front of him and Ao Guang appeared in his human form, electricity flowing around his body as he chuckled at the helpless boy. "Did you hear that?" He smirked and casually walked to Yunxiang, "It was the sound of a tsunami wave. Donghai will drown." He roughly grabbed Yunxiang by his hair and forced his head up and punched him hard across the face. Yunxiang groaned in pain and he lay still.

He tried to push himself up, but Ao Guang stood beside him and whispered in his ear, "You're only human. Don't fight anymore. Give up. Your fate is not in your hands." He wiggled the fingers of his metal hand and electricity formed in his palm, "Your destiny is ordained by heaven. Let the Old Man Sky take you back." He thrust his hand forward and tightly grabbed Yunxiang's chest. The boy cried out in pain as Ao Guang used his hold to lift Yunxiang into the air. He snarled, "Forget it. You. Are. Not. Nezha!" With each word he added electricity to his hand until Yunxiang screamed.

Ao Guang laughed when he noticed the weak and dazed look in his eyes. But he stopped when Yunxiang suddenly gripped his arm, so tightly that he was unable to pull it back. "This life has been given to me." Yunxiang spoke, barely above a whisper, "This is mine." His whole body slowly became engulfed in flames and his hair rising and he glared at the dragon king, "You don't need to tell me who I really am."

Ao Guang's eyes widened in fear when the flames spread across his arm and encased his entire body too. Yunxiang grabbed the remaining shoulder piece of his armour with his teeth and pulled until the leather strap snapped, tossing it to the side, "I'll show you!"

Ao Guang quickly turned into his dragon form but it did little to no effect as his body was still a-light as he flew around and writhed in pain.

(Y/n) watched with her jaw dropped as the dragon king suddenly stopped moving, his whole figure charred and gradually turned to dust in front of her.

The Dragon King was finally dead.

Yunxiang laid on his back on top of the rubble, his shirt burnt off and his eyes half lidded, exhaustion finally taking over as well as the unbearable pain.

(Y/n) finally made it back and gasped when she saw the state he was in, "No. No, no, no." She sprinted to Yunxiang's side and fell to her knees. She looked over his body and winced at the sight of all his injuries. Her eyes filled with tears and she softly cupped his cheek with her hand, "Y-You can't die. You won't die. I won't let you die." She let out a sob as the tears streamed down her cheeks. She gasped when she felt something touch her hand and saw Yunxiang's hand holding hers that was still cupping his face. He showed her a weak smile, relieved and happy she was alive.