Chapter 6

The sky was blocked by the grey smoke that radiated from the destroyed hospital. Many people still being treated for injuries and some still missing. A single ray of sunlight managed to peek through the darkness, illuminating the depressed figure of Yunxiang who slowly walked up to the entrance. His head down as his mind was overflowing with memories of what happened a little earlier and grief over losing his father.

He passed the wounded as he mindlessly trudged through the hospital, people stopping and staring at him. His friends from his work looked at him with sympathy and others looked at him with gratitude, knowing he was the reason they were still alive. Yunxiang ignored them until he heard someone call out to him.

"Yunxiang." He finally raised his head and saw Junzhu approaching him. Yunxiang felt a small amount of relief realising she was alright. He looked back down while also roaming his eyes over the patients, "Where's (Y/n) and Kasha?"

Junzhu frowned, "(Y/n)'s fine. I found her a little after you left. She's a little roughed up but nothing too bad. I told her you had left and she went to find Kasha." Yunxiang's shoulders dropped a little, glad (Y/n) was okay but still worried about Kasha.

"And also," He looked back up at her, "Your brother's awake."

Yunxiang's eyes widened slightly and he looked over to where his father still lay, his brother over him crying into his chest.

Yunxiang walked up beside him and dropped onto his knees. He sighed, "Brother, forgive me."

"What a fake." Liang scoffed behind them, "Six died because of him too." Yunxiang gasped, not knowing about his friend's death, "No one knows who's next."

Yunxiang didn't move, "It's true, forgive me."

"What's sorry going to do now?" Liang seethed, "You pissed off the De Clan. They are destined to finish us." He moved away from the pillar he was leaning on, and pointed at everyone, "See, look at all these rooms! Bodies and injured everywhere! Isn't this your fault?" He fired at the boy. He smirked when he saw Yunxiang wasn't going to deny it, "He's a walking disaster."

Screeching of metal was heard as Kasha and (Y/n) came running in, the younger girl's arm over the other one's shoulder to help her move faster since she lost her crutch when she fell, "You were the one who killed Six!" She pointed at Liang, making everyone gasp and stare at him. (Y/n) was shocked too, not knowing what had Kasha so frantic before until now. She found her at the bottom of a staircase, looking like she was just waking up. (Y/n) was relieved she was alright but was surprised when Kasha suddenly grabbed her by the shoulders and started talking a mile a minute. All she was able to get was that Liang had done something bad and the others needed to know. But she would never have thought it was something like this.

Liang stared at her in shock, "You're still alive?!" He realised his slip and tried to cover it up, "You are lying!"

"I saw you kill Six myself!" She lunged at him and shoved him back, both girls glaring as they pushed him back. "And you sabotaged Yunxiang's armour!"

Yunxiang looked up and stared at Liang with wide eyes. Liang began to panic as the other workers began to surround him, each one glaring daggers at him. "So it was you." Boss said with a snarl.

Realising he was caught and he was going to be in trouble, he snatched up a scalpel from a tray, wrapped his arm around (Y/n)'s neck and pulled her toward him, so her back was pressed to his chest and the blade was pressed against her neck. He slowly moved backward, not noticing the large hole in the wall behind him. Yunxiang, Kasha and Junzhu gasped in worry for their friend/girlfriend/sister and Yunxiang jumped up, hoping to try and calm him down before she could get hurt.