-Chapter Thirteen-

I was awoken the next morning by the gloomy daylight of London and quickly sprung out of bed. I freshened up my hair and put light makeup on my face to look presentable then dressed in a baby blue linen dress with a belt to synch the waist. As predicted I would normally wear a corset but the belt was freeing. I put some boots on and grabbed my handbag with my valuables then made my way to a Bakery to grab a fresh bite to eat.

When I made it to the bakery I got a little bun the size of my hand. It was light and fluffy. As my teeth sunk into the soft cloud of the sourdough the warmth of the bun filled me with joy. Something about today felt promising but I had no idea what was in store for the day ahead.

Once I was done with my breakfast I went in search for a job. Todays adventure would be a long one as I had no experience in anything but being an object of nobility.

I walked into a dress shop and asked if they were looking for some help. The woman running the shop took one look at my clothes and scoffed.

"Shouldn't you be married at your age young lady?" She said as she walked over. "I've never seen such a beautiful young woman just standing around looking for work when she could be wed and bearing children with such an able body." She finished her rant about me.

"Well im clearly not wanted here." Was all I said before I walked out of the shop. I made sure to show off my expensive bag as I dramatically left the room. Once she noticed the expensive brand she scoffed again and turned her head.

I wasn't going to let an arrogant old woman ruin my high spirits however as I had the entire day to enjoy. As I walked past a flower vendor I thought of Tewkesbury. If and when he runs away a likely place to find him would be near a flower shop. He was so in tune with the nature around him and it was beautiful.

By tea time I had been rejected countless times only because I was an able woman who should be married. Despite my best efforts I still looked like a big pile of money and beauty to this society. I was reminded of Tewkesbury again when I thought of ever being married. I did love him dearly and wouldn't mind marrying him whenever but part of me knew I had the power to say no. When I return from the dead and this whole mess is figured out, I will be forced to marry Tewkesbury. I must wait however, for I have a life to fullfil and deep down we know it is the wrong time for us to be forced upon eachother.

Once my internal rant concluded I arrived at the tea shop where Edith worked. I decided to pay her daily visits because I could do with a little farmiliar company while I lived alone in London.

One of the other women in the shop recognized me and told me Edith was upstairs so that's where I went. When I arrived to the room with the fighting women I noticed Edith lying on the ground with a girl in a beautiful red dress standing over her.

The girl helped Edith up and they both turned to me. The girl gave me a quizzical look while Edith welcomed me into the room. I walked over and greeted her then turned to the girl.

"What's your name?" I asked as I held my hand out for her to shake.

"Ebola Holmes. And yours?" She asked wisely as she took my hand shaking it lightly before releasing it.

"Y/n Crowe." I replied as I nodded respectfully. So this was the girl I have heard so much about. Her poised attire was nothing like how she had been described to me by her mother.

"So your the lady y/n Crowe my mother would tell stories about. She used to tell me how we played in our youth." Enola said as she became more comfortable and normal around me.

"I've heard quite a bit about you as well. Your mother told me all about you." I said as we went into another room and sat down to engage in light conversation.

"Have you spoken to her recently. I've been looking for her but I'm beginning to think she doesn't want to be found." She began speaking quickly.

"Well not recently by now, she would be long gone by this day. From the way your mother described you, this is not your usual attire. Why are you so dressed up?" I asked inquisitively.

"Your smarter than the average woman aren't you. Well it so happens to be that I am hiding from my two brothers." She said.

"Sherlock and Mycroft." I said finishing her statement.

"Yes, so I must disguise myself into something unlikely in order to remain in hiding. I see you have mastered the disguise yourself as this is not your usual ball gown." She said smartly.

"It appears I have met my equal. I woman who is wise, independent, and in the same unlikely predicament as I. What made you run away?" I asked as a smile grew on my face. I was beginning to like this girl more and more. Never in my life had I met a woman I could relate too more despite our very different childhoods.

"My brothers are trying to force me to attend Ms Harrisons finishing school for young ladies." She said distastefully.

"What a coincidence. I recently returned home from two years in that demon pit of a school." I said jokingly which put a smile on Enola's face. I began laughing a moment later which threw us both in a bout of laughter.

"Well why have you run from home?" She asked as our laughter subsided.

"Well my fiances grandmother was trying to send me on a boat and sink it so I would die. If she killed me my fiance would get all my assets. then she is, for all I know, going to kill him so that my fiances uncle can inherit two lord titles and two fortunes. So I jumped off the boat and got on a train to London." I replied quickly not leaving much breath in between any of the words I spoke.

"Well I nearly got killed trying to save a stupid boy from getting killed by a man in a bowler hat. We had to jump of a train and walk some of the way here." She said.

"Was this man wearing the hat perhaps wearing a brown hat?" I asked as I realized she must have described her and Tewkesbury jumping of a train.

"Yes. Do you know who I speak of?" She inquired.

"That man is trying to kill me and my fiance." I said loudly as we both made connections in our minds.

"That nincompoop is your fiance!?" She asked loudly as if it would be imposable for Tewkesbury to ever even know someone like me.

"Yes, and for the record, he is a nincompoop but I still love him even if hes an idiot." I said as I began laughing.

"What a small country we all live in. Everything is connected like strings on a corkboard." She said smartly.

"I must return to looking for a job. It was nice meeting you and I hope to see you quite soon after this encounter." I said as I stood to leave.

"Why don't you join me as I explore the area. I'm sure you know your way around here better than I." She offered.

"I suppose I will." I replied as she stood and followed me out of the tea shop and into the street where she led the way.