In the name of love

Start from the beginning

Well...all except for Sam and Rhodey, who were flying and Bruce, who was also flying alongside them in Tony's hulk buster suit because Bruce couldn't get the hulk out. Apparently he was sulking, which is not good timing at all.

"How we looking, Bruce?" Nat asked him over the radio.

"Yeah. I think I'm getting the hang of it." Bruce said, he then proceeded to fall from the sky and stumble onto the ground.

"Wow! This is amazing, man. It's like being the hulk without actually..." Bruce cut himself off by tripping over a large rock that was sticking out of the ground and falling over, face planting into the grass.

"I'm ok. I'm ok." Bruce said. y/n bit her lip to try and hold in her laughter.

"I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." Rhodey said over the radio.

They came to a stop right in front of the barrier. The vehicle slid sideways to let them jump off the side, landing on the long grass with a thud.

Y/n stood at the front of the line of defense in the middle of Nat and Bucky. Y/n felt tense, this battle was going to be big. But she felt comforted that she had her friends by her side.

Y/n squeezed Nats shoulder. "Be careful, yeah?" She said to her, mustering up a smile.

"You know me, I always am. You be careful too." She said kindly, placing her hand on top of y/n's and giving her hand a squeeze.

"I will." Y/n replied to her.

She then let go of her and turned to face the alien ships that were behind the barrier. She took a deep breath in to try and calm her nerves.

Two aliens approached the force field. The woman was familiar to her, the same woman she had fought in Edinburgh. The other alien was new, he was much larger than the last one they had fought. The woman tried to push her sword through the force field to no avail.

T'Challa, Steve and Nat walked forward towards the barrier to speak with the aliens.

"Where's your other friend?" Nat asked the woman.

"You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone." The woman said bitterly.

"I'd like to see you try." Y/n muttered angrily at her. Bucky glanced over at her, laughing lightly. She then remembered that not everyone can hear conversations that are very far away. Bucky's super soldier hearing is very good, but not as good as y/n's.

"That's not going to happen." Steve said

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood." T'Challa said

"We have blood to spare." The woman said. She then dramatically raised her arm into the air, raising her sword above her head.

A rumbling then started in the distance, the ships began to change, the top of the ships was lifting upwards. The noise made y/n flinch slightly.

Steve, T'Challa and Nat turned away from the aliens and the barrier and walked back towards them.

Bucky turned to Steve when he came and stood next to them. "They surrender?" He asked

"Not exactly." Steve said

Y/n could sense several hundred other beings making their way towards them. The noise of their footsteps getting closer was echoing in her ears.

"You ready for this?" Bucky asked y/n quietly

"Not really...you?" Y/n replied

"Me neither." Bucky said back to her. They glanced at each other and smiled before they turned to face the enemy.