Chapter 2

Chapter 2 | Zombies

Chapter 2 | Zombies

—————✰☾✰—————

Blair was running late that morning as she practically ran out of the house. She started her walk down the street in blue jeans and a white short-sleeve top. As she approached the school, she pulled a small clip from her bag, pulled the front layer of her hair behind her, and clipped it out of her face.

Once she got into the building, she started walking to her class; she was 10 minutes late, but lucky her first class of the day was a lovely teacher she had met at one of Bucky's parents' evenings she was made to attend, that would let her away with missing a few minutes, but sadly just as she was about to turn the corner into the classroom, the z alert went off and so she turned and ran into the nearest safe room not realising she locked herself in a room with a zombie.

—————✰☾✰—————

"Hello?" Blair called into the dark room as the door shut behind her. "Anyone in here?"

"Hello," A voice replied from the other side of the room.  

"Did you see a light switch or a lamp when you walked in? It's a little dark." She asked, walking deeper into the room.

"No, sorry. Um, I'm Zed, by the way." the boy said, his voice growing closer.

"I'm Blair. I didn't expect to be stuck in a zombie safe room before I even made it to first period today." Blair laughed, earning a chuckle from Zed

"Oh, I did. It happens to me all the time; it's sort of my 'thang'," Zed said as the teens slowly found themselves moving towards the others voice. 

Blair laughed as they weaved around shelves. "God, if I miss cheer tryouts because of this alarm, my brother will kill me." 

"But it wouldn't be your fault."

"Doesn't matter; my brother is mad enough I refuse to quit ballet if I don't show up to tryouts; he will do something crazy like turn my bedroom into a trophy room as I sleep; he's already tried it once."

"Well, if you have to join the cheer team, it just means you can cheer for me if I make it onto the football team," He said as the pair continued on their way through the room.

"Oh, are you trying out today?" she asked, gaining a hum in response."Good. Maybe you can help the team score a point sometime; that way, cheering wouldn't have to suck so much, considering all we can cheer right now is 'please, please, please score a point'" The teens began to laugh, being cut off as the lights turned on just as the two settled face to face. As Blair looked up to see a zombie, her first reaction sent a punch straight to Zed's nose, apologies following straight after. "I am so, so sorry," she said as she pulled his hand away from his nose to take a look. "It doesn't look broken; that's a plus. I swear I didn't mean to do that. It was just a reflex."

"Your reflex is to punch someone?" He groaned

"Well, you were standing pretty close, and I don't want to offend you, but I wasn't expecting you to be a zombie; it's not a bad thing, just unexpected. If anything, it proves all the stories we get told about zombies are dumb; otherwise, you would be able to hold a conversation, " she said, making him laugh before they were interrupted.

"There you are!"