Chapter 102 ~ Punishing the Siscon

Start from the beginning

"You have grown so strong since we've last sparred, Alterisa..."

"Thank you very much. It is thanks to your and Sir Raeven's guidance that I can reach this height."

I said with a smile, trying to be polite. But to my surprise, Luke shook his head.

"Your talent surpasses many, if not, most in our generation. And the hard work you pour into your training surpasses even more. You can be proud."

My eyes widened slightly as gasps resounded from the audience.

That was... surprising. What, are you trying to butter me up for mercy? I don't have such a word in my dictionary, you know?

But, I guess... That's high praise, coming from him.

"Thank you... very much."

I nodded and smiled at him.

And for a moment, his eyes widened in shock.

But when I readied myself for the next round, his eyes sharpened once again, and I began my onslaught.

I might be physically weaker than him without magic, but women still have other advantages over men. One of them being flexibility.

Women have wider hips to facilitate child bearing. Thus, their hips' range of motion and flexibility surpasses that of men by far.

And because I knew this from even before I began my training, I've been crafting my fighting style with this trait as the core.

I used my flexibility to increase the momentum of my movement, strikes, and thrust, which increases mobility, and the speed and strength of my attacks. It also allows me to conserve my strength without lowering the strength behind my attacks.

In addition to the superior reach of my weapon of choice, I'm capable of attacking relentlessly from numerous angles while still maintaining distance.

After being pushed back several times, Luke finally managed to parry a thrust from my right spear, breaking my onslaught combo and pushing my right arm away, creating an opening to me.

He raised his sword and swung powerfully towards me. But in that moment, he realized something when he saw me smiling.

Yes... IT WAS A TRAP!!!

I received his strike with my left spear, causing it to break. But that was fine. Using the momentum from his powerful swing, I spun in a clockwise direction and thrust my right spear towards him.

With his sword still caught up in the powerful momentum of his own swing, he couldn't stop me anymore, and the tip of my right spear stopped right before his neck.

"That is enough! Alterisa wins!"

Sir Andreas announced with a wide grin on his face.

And the training grounds became silent. No one aside from Sir Andreas made a sound.

They were all looking at me dumbfoundedly. Their jaws were all slackened and their eyes wide open. While the heroine was... completely pale for some reason. Probably still super exhausted from the training earlier.

As for everyone else, they must've been shocked to see me defeat Luke, the genius swordsman of his generation. After all, they've never seen me training with him. In their eyes, I must be a girl who's semi capable with weapons because I'm trained by the best swordsman in the kingdom.

My girl friends also haven't seen me fight with a sword, aside from Noir. But they're all looking at me with sparkling eyes and wide smiles~

Fufufu~ How cute~!

I withdrew my spear, spun it in my hand, and curtsied.

"Thank you very much for your guidance. It is an honor."

Seeing me curtsy, Luke also straightened up, holding his sword in his left hand, and bowed with his right hand on his chest.

"Likewise. I have learned plenty from you as well."

Fufu~ Luke would normally ask for a rematch right after, but it seems like he won't do it in front of everyone, huh~?

I smiled softly and made my way back to my group ever so gracefully. And when I did, everyone snapped out of their daze and they began clapping in a deafening round of applause.

Hehe~ Thank you, guys~ But please, I'd feel embarrassed if you clap that loudly~

Aaaaah~!!! That feels good~!!! It's been a while since I got to let loose like that~

The Heroine's presence and the events of the otome game happening left and right seemed to have piled more stress than I expected.

I feel so much lighter now that I managed to beat Luke up in a fight.

And, I also got to show off my good side to my friends~

"Risa-sama~ You were amazing~"

"Mm! I am absolutely entranced by your fight, Alterisa-sama!"

"Uhn uhn! It's super beautiful, Risa-chan! It's as if you're dancing instead of fighting!"

"Y-Yeah... What she said."

"Hehe~ As expected of Alterisa-sama~ I know you can defeat my brother~"

"A-Amazing..."

"Thank you very much, everyone~"

Aaaaah~ To be praised by beauties... What a reward~

Thank you for being the sacrifice, Luke~ I'll call you again if I want to show off my skills to my best friends~

Just as I was basking in the love my best friends showered me in, Sir Andreas' voice boomed, getting all of our attention.

"Have you seen it with your eyes? No, can you even see what had just happened? Do you think you can react to their movements? Can you cast a spell before Alterisa's spear or Luke's sword reaches your body?

A magician who can't even cast a spell is no different than a regular person! This class is meant for you to be capable of reacting a little bit faster and defend yourself against such warriors until you get the chance to cast your spells!

Every royal court magician is capable of combat without magic, so if you wish to become a decent magician, be prepared to hone your body as well!"

""Y-Yes sir!""

AN: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~! Please vote and comment your thoughts~!

The Tomboy "Prince" Was Reincarnated as a Villainess in an Otome Game!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara