Chapter 2: Seth Baxter

For the past few months, the police have been going through cases of victims. They started calling this killer the Jigsaw killer. Angel is on the case with Fisk. He is at his desk, looking at the pictures of the victims. He sees that they have the same piece on parts of their bodies. This Jigsaw killer looks like he's a mastermind of making stuff like these. He's not really a killer. He never killed the victims, he just find ways for them to kill themselves. Some people have survived the traps so far. And on the tapes that was found at the scenes, there was a strange looking puppet. He sighs, and leans back. He looks at some pictures on his table. It's his family, himself, father, and stepmother. They're all smiling on the picture. He smiles sadly at this. Just then, Fisk comes in. 

Fisk: Angel.

Angel: (Looks at him) Yeah? 

Fisk: We found another body. Looks like it's another Jigsaw victim. Hoffman is coming with us. 

Angel: Alright. 

He follows Fisk out of the room. With them is another detective, Mark Hoffman. They arrive at the crime scene in an old room. They find the victim is laying down on a stone table, with a huge pendulum blade that was used for swinging on the victim, and it cut him in half. They also see that both of his hands are crushed. Photographers are taking pictures of the crime as everyone is examining the scene too. 

Angel: Who do we got?

Fisk: Typical bio. Murder convict. Served five years. Just released last month. 

Hoffman looks at the body with a cold look on his face. 

Hoffman: I know him. His name's Seth Baxter, my sister's ex-boyfriend. 

Fisk: This is the guy that murdered your sister? 

Hoffman: He was sentenced to 25 years, but it reduced to 5 on a technicality. 

Fisk: Well, then I'd say justice was served.

Angel: Yeah, it was. One moment.

He walks to the body, and touches it as he closes his eyes. He opens them, and finds himself at the time of his game. He sees Seth on the table, out cold. He wakes up, gasping. He looks around, and sees that he's trapped. His neck is caught around a collar to the table, and his hands and legs are chained to the table too. The lights turn on.

Seth: Crap! Oh, my gosh! What the heck? (Panting) What the heck? Crap! Gosh! Help! Uh, crap! 

He struggles to get free. Angel watches him as he does so. Then, the TV behind Angel turns on. He and Seth turn to look at it. On it, it shows the same puppet that was on every tape. 

It looks at Seth, and it speaks with the voice again

Puppet on TV: Hello, Seth. I want to play a game.Right now, you are feeling helpless. This is the same helplessness you've bestowed onto others. But now, it's onto you. Some would call this karma. I call it justice. Now, you served five years of what should have been a life sentence for murder. A technicality gave you freedom, but it inhibited you from understanding the impact of taking a life. Today, I offer you true freedom. 

The light above turns on, to reveal the blade, ready to swing. Seth sees it, and is scared. 

Puppet on TV: In 30 seconds, the pendulum will drop far enough to touch your body. Within 60 seconds, it will cut you in half. To avoid the pendulum, all you have to do is destroy the things that have killed: your hands. You must insert your hands and push the buttons to start the devices before you. 

Angel looks at the devices, and sees that they were made to crush his hands. He figured that's what he did.

Puppet on TV: Your bones will be crushed to dust. Will you destroy the things that have taken life in order to save one, Seth? Make your choice. 

Then, the clock starts and ticks. Then the pendulum starts swinging. 

Seth: No. No. (Screams) No!

Angel watches as the TV goes static. 

Seth: Crap! Come-- It was an accident!

The TV then turns off. Angel sees the blade is swinging really fast. Then, it lowers itself down a little. Seth is now getting more scared as he gasps.

Seth: Please. Ok. Screw you. 

Angel then watches he inserts his hands into the devices, and pushes the buttons. The devices begin to lower the steels inside on his hands. He's screaming in fear, and removes his hands. He sees that the blade is awfully getting close to him.

Seth: Ok. Ok. Ok. Ok.

He inserts his hands again, and pushes the buttons. He whimpers as the devices lower them again. Angel watches as the steels then starts crushing his hands. Blood comes out of the devices. He's screaming agony as his bones in his hands crunch. He's crying out as he lays there. The engines on the devices stop, and the steel go up, letting him to remove his hands. They're both bloody and broken. 

Seth: (Screams) Oh, my-- I did it! I--

Angel looks at the clock, and is surprised it's already passed 30 seconds, and his hands are already crushed. Then, it reaches zero, and Angel watches as the pendulum is lower again, and it cuts Seth. He screams as it begins cutting him in half. Blood spills on the walls and windows. His guts are also going on the floor as they're cut out. 

Angel: What the heck...? But he did what he was told to do...

Seth is spitting out blood as he is almost cut in half. Then, he looks at a door on the right side of Angel. Angel follows his gaze, and sees that someone is watching the whole thing from a peephole on the window of the door. Seth looks at the person behind it. 

Seth: (Softly) I did what I was supposed to do.

And finally, the pendulum cuts him in half completely. He groans as he looks at the peephole. Then, the collar around his neck opens up. He gasps as he reflexes, and dies on the spot. The pendulum stops swinging. Angel looks at Seth, and looks at the peephole. He walks to the door, and before he could open the door, he suddenly sees that he's back at the crime scene. He looks at Seth's body. 

Angel: Fisk, he crushed his hands in time. But the pendulum still cut him in half, and after that, the collar opened up. 

Fisk: Are you sure?

Angel: (Stands up) Yeah. (Walks to the door) And there's something else. (Points at the peephole) Somebody was standing inside here, watching through this peephole on the window. I guess Jigsaw likes to watch his own sick games. 

Hoffman: You're awfully smart and good at this, Angel.

Angel: Thank you. Fisk, send these photos to me later. 

Fisk: Will do. 

Angel walks out of the room to get some air. Looks like things are getting more insane for the police. He looks at the body, and sees the jigsaw piece on the right side of his body. He shakes his head, not liking this thing at all. He walks out to meet up with Allison at the station. He needs to tell her more about this case.

Here's the second chapter of Son of Jigsaw: Saw. Two chapters done in one day. This is amazing for me again. I think I got the incredible writing faster in my arms right now. If you all saw the Saw movies, you must know what they're all like. Well, I hope you'll all like the chapter. Let me know what you all think of it. Vote, review, and comment. Thank you.