𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"really?!"

"yes really! but stop pouting, it's weird."

"yay thank you so much, y/n!!♡"

"yeah, sure."

"y/n?"

"y/n?"

"what?"

"since you bought me that poster, let me treat you a meal." ryusei suggested.

"you said you had no money." y/n looked at him amused, "i lied" he answered with a wide grin splitting his face and a peace sign making her sigh in annoyance.

"so, what do you wanna eat?"

"uh- i'll just have french fries and a juice i guess."

"aight! wait here." with that he stepped out and made his way toward the food stall. Y/n mentally drawled, 'this isn't what i imagined.'  and within a minute, she sensed a sudden urge nearby as if searching for someone, or something, that might be watching which boosted her instincts. 'why does it feel like i'm being watched?' she pondered.

"target secured." a tall man with mischievous eyes inspected on sight, presently hiding over the stalls followed by a friend of his. "that's l/n y/n, alright. the first target whom we're going to capture." his friend added, momentarily scanning her photo through his phone.

"yeah, so let's just wait until no one's around— wait a sec, it seems like she's going into that dark alley...!" he once again inspected.

"bingo! let's not waste the perfect opportunity then!"

Through her peripheral vision as she felt this sudden urge to not get carried away, a hard blow from behind made her dodge and ran after the two men which startled its swift moves. Successfully knocking their asses down by pulling her physical strength and courage in no time.

Scanning the now unconscious men silently from under furrowed brows, she drew a deep breath and chuckled. "pfft– you dare think you could beat me with a surprise attack like that? well, not on my watch." she stomped off her foot to his head and fished out the phone from her pocket.

"well, guess i'm gonna deal with you two later because i don't wanna get my hands dirty while i'm at a hangout right now." she sighed before her call got answered, "yo, mai-chan! can you please do me a favor? and bring some men to fetch up these weird stalkers I just caught as well."

"where have you been?" ryusei gave her the food as he asked, "ah, i was just at a restroom and thanks

"where have you been?" ryusei gave her the food as he asked, "ah, i was just at a restroom and thanks." y/n reassured, smiling and he acknowledged with a nod. 

Silently devouring their food she glanced at his face and noticed a bruise in it, confusing her all of a sudden. "what happened to your face?" she suddenly asked, "oh this, well i got into a fight with someone." he recalled.

"why? were you worried about me?"

"no, i was just curious." with a scoff ryusei suddenly saw a stray cat jumping over his lap as it sat down, looking at the food he was holding in hunger. He was able to notice it as he took a piece of his burger and fed it which caught her attention.

"awe, isn't he/she cute?♡" he smiled, stroking the cat.

"oh, what a relief. you like cats too?"

"yup, i mean they're cozy after all."

"how about dogs?"

"well, they're— uh... kinda c-cute too, i guess...?" he sweat dropped.

"hmm, really? and what's with the stutter?" y/n joked.

"okay, fine! i'm scared of dogs."

"why the hell would you be scared of them?"

"because this—! no, what if they won't stop chasing me and bite me, and that i'll be hospitalized!?"

"that's because you will run away so of course they'd chase you, idiot." y/n deadpanned at him, "goodness, i think you really need to learn about dogs."

"NEVER!"

"mkayyy." she rolled her eyes.