chapter 4

"Have you ever realized how small we are compared to the rest of the universe? Earth pales in comparison." Niki spoke, as he and Y/N swung their feet. Both of them were on a swing set at the nearby playground, the two of them admiring the stars that began to appear.

"Yeah. It makes me realize that life is short, you know? We have to enjoy the memories we create while it lasts." Y/N agreed, swinging.

She looked up, her eyes drifted across each star. Y/N admired each one, even if they looked the exact same. Y/N turned her head to look at Niki, who was staring at her intently.

Y/N smiled, "What are you looking at?"

"Someone as gorgeous as the universe. In every lifetime she'll be gorgeous." Niki smiled, nervously biting his lip and looking away.

"I didn't know you were such a smooth talker, Niki," Y/N chuckled, staring at her lap as she played with her thumbs.

Niki suddenly stood from his swing, approaching Y/N, crouching to level himself with her height. He silently admired her, his heart beating nervously against his chest.

He took a deep breath, exhaling out of his nose.

He slowly leaned towards Y/N, lifting her chin up so that she was looking into his eyes.

"I love you, Y/N."

He gently pressed his lips against hers, his fingers still gripping her jawline. He smiled against Y/N's lips as she reciprocated the kiss. He placed his free hand against the back of her head, deepening the kiss.

Though the kiss was quite sloppy, Niki made sure that he made his feelings clear toward Y/N.

Y/N pulled away from the kiss, her breathing labored as she stared into the dimensions of Niki's eyes. She smiled, softly laughing into his neck out of embarrassment.

"I hope you understand how I feel for you," Niki chuckled, smiling sheepishly.

"Niki, just shut up and kiss me." Niki rolled his eyes, grabbing the sides of Y/N's face, rushing into the kiss. The kiss began to slow, and Niki's lips molded into Y/N's perfectly. They kissed one another with passion, their feelings for one another manifesting itself into the passionate kiss they were sharing.

Niki placed one last kiss on her lips, afterwards he left a lingering mark of his love on her cheek. He held her hands, smiling.

"I love you, Y/N. Forever and always."

Y/N gasped, sitting up, her mind racing with what she had just dreamt. She hid her face in her hands out of embarrassment, smiling to herself. Yeji entered their shared room, leaning against the door frame, watching Y/N closely.

"Someone looks happy," Yeji noted, smirking. "Did you have a good dream?"

Y/N turned to look at Yeji, her smile faltering. Ni-ki wasn't her boyfriend anymore. They wouldn't share sweet moments like that ever again.

"Oh.. Yeah. I guess you could say that." Y/N frowned, looking away. Would she only be able to meet him in her dreams? It felt like her heart was being ripped out of her chest. Why?

"Um, I'll be showering now." Y/N mumbled, going to the bathroom, only to find it locked. She narrowed her eyes, eventually figuring out that her "brother" was still occupying the bathroom.

"Sunghoon, hurry up! I have to get ready." Y/N yelled, her voice hoarse as she had just woken up.

"Hold on! I'll be out in a few minutes!" Seconds turned to minutes. And it seemed like minutes turned into hours.

"Sunghoon!" Y/N yelled, trying to open the door.

The door swiftly opened, revealing a peeved Sunghoon, "I told you I'd be done soon. You're so impatient."

"Shut up, you take an hour just to shower." Y/N pushed past him, getting ready for the day. After her shower, she straightened her hair and put on cute, simple makeup.

"Unnie, Sunghoon and I are leaving!" Y/N called, receiving a partially inaudible answer from her. Y/N and Sunghoon walked wordlessly to school, Y/N staring at her shoes as she walked.

Y/N and Sunghoon arrived at school, and a group of boys approached both of them. "Y/N, Sunghoon! I heard Chulsoo's, quote-on-quote, girlfriend, is trying out for the dance team!"

"Chulsoo..?" Y/N mumbled to herself, confused.

Sunghoon turned to look at her. "Chulsoo's our good friend. He's the dance captain." Sunghoon turned back to his friends, "She's just as talented as him. Hopefully, he doesn't let her in just because she's his 'girlfriend' or whatever."

"You know he wouldn't do that. He's strict," Jungwon added, chuckling. "He gets scary when he analyzes someone's technique."

"Ah, Y/N, this is Jungwon and that's Sunoo. They're our maknaes, including Chulsoo." Jay added, pointing at the two boys that were standing in between Jake and Sunghoon.

Y/N waved politely as Sunoo and Jungwon waved back and smiled.

"Y/N's going to need all the luck she can get," Heeseung turned to look at her. "Don't worry, though, we'll be there cheering for you!"

"Thanks, guys." Y/N smiled, thanking them for their kind words.

"Alright, we'll be heading off now. See you later, Y/N!" Jake called, leaving with Heeseung and Jay.