Chapter 2 Jack and Jason

Start from the beginning

"So I have a brother."  He said as he became lost in thought.  Which means that my father has another son, that I will be sharing my father with him. I will no longer have my dad's full attention he thought. It will now be divided between me and this other kid. He liked being his dad's only child the past couple of days, having his dad to himself. And he was not sure that he wanted to give that up.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah it's just a lot to take in." What if he likes his new son more than me he feared. What if he is everything that he ever wanted in a son and he casts me aside.

"Tell me about it." Jason said. "How do you feel about this?"

"Does it matter? I mean he's your son too it's not like you are going to send him away if I don't like it."

"No I am not going to do that?"

Tension crossed his face. "And you won't send me away."

"You know better than that Jack." Jason said with a frown. "I would never send you away buddy. You are stuck with me kid." He then playfully gave his son a slight shove which caused Jack to smile. "Do you want to see a picture of him?"

"Sure."

Jason pulled out his phone, hit the gallery icon and showed him the picture that Jesse found. "Wow he really looks a lot like you."   

"Yeah he does."  Jason said as he smiled at his picture.

"So when do I get to meet him?"  Jack asked. "Is he going to come live with us?  Can I invite him to the party on Saturday?"

Jack then his father's face become tense. "I don't know."  Jason replied. "I hope that we can go see him soon and that he can stay with us but they are things that I have to work out with his mother."

"She does not want John to have anything to do with us does she."  Jack said.

"No."  Jason said.  "She did not want John to contact us."

"That's not fair."  Jack said getting upset.  "John is your son, she can't keep him from you."

"Unfortunately she can."  Jason said. "Unless I take her to court and sue for joint custody."  Jack could see that was not an idea that his father was comfortable with. "But I hope it won't come to that."

"But if you have to you will right?"  Jack asked. "You will fight for him won't you dad?"

"Yes."  Jason said with emotion in his voice.  "He's my son and I have gone fifteen years without him in my life and I don't want to go one day more."

Jack gave him an approving look.

"But you can contact him."  Jason said and brought his phone number up. "I know he really wants to meet you and would love to talk to you."

"I would like to talk him too."

"Why don't you give him a call while I go talk to your grandparents."  Jason said as he got up.  He thought how they probably will want to call him too. 

"Okay." Jack dialed John's number into the phone.

Jason was about to go when his mind went to Zach.  "Jack."  Jack looked up from the phone.  He had dialed six of the seven digits and was about to hit the last one. "Do you think Zach was telling the truth about something happening between him and your Uncle Spencer?"

"No."  Jack said. "I think something happened but he is too embarrassed to admit it."

"I think so too."  Jason said. "But he's never said anything to you about that day?"

"No."  Jack shook his head.

"What do you remember about that day?"

"I remember getting spanked by mom for getting into an argument with Nicole."  Jack replied.  His eyes filled with bitterness as he said "I remember being made to sit in that room for three hours by myself until you came and got me. I remember being terrified during the ride home because I was sure that I was going to get the belt."  Jack choked as he spoke.  Fortunately he did not get the belt when they got home.  But that was only because his father had decided that one spanking was enough for him and his mother had passed out in her room and could not force to his father to give him one. "I remember having to stand in the corner when I got home and  then being made to go to bed early."  The anger in his eyes intensified as he said "And I remember that Nicole did not get into any trouble even though she was the one who started the argument.  But no I don't remember anything happening him between Zach and Uncle Spencer."

"I know I have said this a hundred times already but I am sorry that I allowed you to go through that."  Jason said.

"I know dad."  Jack said. "I don't blame you for it." 

"Why don't you give John a call."  Jason said.  Hopefully his relationship with is brother will be a lot better than his relationship with his sisters.

Jason walked out and Jack dialed the final number.  The phone rang four times and to his surprise went to voice mail.  "Hey John this is Jack."  Jack said. "My dad I mean our dad just told me about you and I thought I would call you to say hi.  Please give him a call back I would love to talk to you."

Jack then hung up the phone hoping that John was okay.

At the Richards residence John laid on his bed as he looked at his phone. That is probably Jack he thought.  Jack or my grandparents trying to get in contact with me.  He wanted to answer it, he wanted to talk to them so badly he could taste.  But the guilt he was feeling refused to allow him to do it.  I really messed up he thought.  I hurt my mom and I don't know what to do now.

John placed the phone on the nightstand and then rolled on his side with his back to the phone.  The phone then stopped ringing and couple of seconds later it notified him of a voice mail. He just laid there unsure what he was going to do.