Angry Cats

CW// Nothing!

Sigils was still thinking about Zud. He was so consumed in the vision of the dagger glinting in the sunlight that he crashed right into a man as he hurried towards Frost's house.

Good job, idiot.

"Hey, watch it!" A voice exclaimed as Sigils fell back onto his butt.

"Sorry, sorry, I-" Sigils started, but stopped when he saw who the angry man holding his wood was.

Henwy glared at him, scarred lip curled. "You going to help me or what?"

Sigils stiffly handed the man the dropped timber, jaw clenched. "What are those for?"

"My house, dumba-" Henwy started to reply sharply, then closed his eyes. He opened them again with a calmer expression. "Sorry," He said slowly. "I'm finishing up the bridge. How's your arm?"

"Healing." Sigils said dryly, standing up.

They stood in silence.

"Uh-"

Henwy sighed harshly, turning around on the heel of his boot and stalking away.

Sigils stared after him for a moment, then turned towards the direction of the leaders' house.

Frost was standing in front of him, leaning on a tree. It seemed to be his resting position. "WOW. You two looked like angry cats. Angry cats with a grudge. Why does that sound like a really bad movie?"

Frost grinned at him. "So what's the goss? Why are you two such angry cats?"

Sigils lowered his eyebrows at the man, who snorted.

"Fine, fine, you're here for something else. HOW CAN I HELP?" He declared, throwing up his arms.

"Why did you send Zud off to collect supplies for you?" Sigils asked.

Frost's face creased in thought. "Well, um, there's something funny about that-" He went silent, then snapped. "Oh, right! I didn't!"

"You didn't?" Sigils stepped closer.

"Of course not!" Frost said brightly. "Did he say I did?"

"Yep."

"Well, that's a simple answer." Frost rolled his eyes, a grin still on his face. "He lied!"

Sigils looked off in the distance, into the woods where Zud had gone.

"What's wrong, Sigils?" Frost asked. "It looks like you're worried he'll murder someone or something. You don't need to worry," He added as Sigils looked at him.

"This town is perfectly safe."