5

Ghost had once seen a younger soldier make puppy eyes at her across the canteen, and his own eyes had nearly rolled into the back of his head.

He was new, didn't know much, a bit too ambitious for someone with not enough experiences.

He had nudged Soap when the guy had gone over to make a move, actually talk to her, and his eyes had widened.

"Oh, don't tell me he's about to do what I think he's gonna." Soap had said around a swig of his water bottle.

Ghost had shaken his head at the scene. "Sort him out, will you?"

Soap's eyes had gleamed. "Save him? So you do have a heart."

"A cold one."

That may have been the case, but Soap didn't quite believe it. Whether he was doing it for the poor lad about to get the piss scared out of him or for their Spider, Ghost was doing it for a reason.

Soap got up and caught the lad before he reached Tina, busy finishing her dinner. He had slapped a hand down on his shoulder, nodding to the woman.

"Lad, I wouldn't - she will walk you like a fuckin dog."

Tina had pretended like she couldn't hear but Soap did always have a bit too loud of a voice to keep secrets. She had prised her bread apart in her hands and shoved some into her mouth to hide her smirk of amusement, eyes gleaming.

The lad returned to his mates with his tail between his legs and she had side eyed Ghost and Soap as the latter returned to their table on the other side of the room.