𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 2𝐧𝐝, 2014
8 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨

━━━━━━━━━━━

"elijah! elijah!" eight year old saraiya knocked on her best friend's apartment door. seconds later, elijah's mom opened the door and smiled seeing that it was saraiya.

"hi rai, where's your mom?" miss. irvin questioned her.

"mommy and daddy got in a fight so i ran here," rai frowned. "is lijah here?" she asked.

"yes he's here." she let saraiya in. rai ran straight to elijah's room to see him sitting in his chair playing his game.

"rai what's wrong?" he looked over seeing that her eyes were teary.

"mommy and daddy are fighting again." she flopped down on the bean bag by his window.

"you wanna stay here for the night?" elijah asked her, she only nodded.

"okay." he turned his game off and got up to sit by her on the bean bag.

he made sure to give her a tight hug and a kiss on the forehead. he always felt bad for his best friend and wished that she could live with him and his mom.

they both sat there most of the night until she eventually fell asleep. elijah went and got her a cover and put it over her body. he turned off his light and got into his own bed before closing his eyes and also going to sleep.

𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 11𝐭𝐡, 2017
3 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨

eleven year old saraiya and twelve year old elijah sat there at her moms funeral. he held onto her as she cried into his hoodie. her mother had passed from brain cancer and now it was just saraiya and her dad.

"it's gonna be okay." elijah tried cheering her up as he rubbed her back. her face was puffy from crying all morning, her eyes were red and she was starting to make herself sick.

later that day saraiya went back home with elijah and his mom. her dad wasn't too good at comforting so he just let her go there.

"you hungry yaya?" elijah opened his room door, she shook her head no.

"cmon you gotta eat," he frowned because he didn't like seeing his best friend like this.

"i'm not hungry." she mumbled, he sighed before closing the door.

𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 16𝐭𝐡, 2019
2 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨

"are you ever coming back?" fourteen year old elijah asked his best friend.

saraiya's dad was making her move to atlanta with her auntie, maria. both saraiya and elijah were upset about this decision but there was nothing they could do. saraiya had been crying since the day she'd found out because she didn't wanna move away from her best friend.

"i'll try coming back when i get a little older." she sniffled.

"is it true?" roscoe walked towards the two. "is it true that you're leaving?" he asked, rai nodded.

"damn lil sis," roscoe pulled her into a hug. "we gone miss you kid." he then pulled away.

"come on saraiya, we have to get to the airport." her dad, john came out the apartment building.

"bitch ass." roscoe mumbled.

saraiya's dad didn't like roscoe and elijah, he thought they just wanted to do stuff with his daughter and that they were bad influences. both roscoe and elijah knew this though.

"bye lijah, bye coco," rai gave both of them another hug.

"bye yaya, i love you and don't forget about me kid." said elijah.

"i won't lijah i promise." she frowned before getting into the car with her dad.

roscoe and elijah watched as they pulled off, they could still see saraiya looking out the window at them. elijah felt like he had just lost a part of him, but he wasn't gonna cry about it. he knew he was gonna eventually see his best friend again.

━━━━━━━━━━━