Chapter Four

A feast was held in the King's and Queen's honor. The Hall of Winterfell was filled with guests from all across the North, celebrating the Royal arrival. Food and drink were brought and cooked, prepared for the Royal Family and the guests. Loud music played all around the hall, and everyone danced, laughed, and talked.

Robert sat next to his wife. Their children and Lord Stark's children were all seated at the table below, getting to know each other. Lady Cersei sat at her table, with Lady Myrcella and Tommen, and Prince Joffrey. While Joffrey was supposed to sit next to Steffon and his siblings, he opted to sit with his mother and other siblings, away from the others.

Lady Sansa could not help but openly stare at Prince Joffrey, who sat across the room from her. He was so handsome and pretty, she thought. Much prettier than the King's other sons. With their dark hair and dark eyes. Only Prince Daeron seemed to have inherited the lilac eyes of his mother, but even those were dark in the illumination of the Hall. They were plain-looking. Besides, she was to be betrothed to the future King!

But Joffrey was not the only one who was regarded as handsome during the evening. Prince Steffon was an immediate hit between the Ladies and servant girls. The mysterious Prince, with his dark eyes looking everywhere like a viper. Steffon did not utter many words to anyone but his siblings or Mother. It made everyone only more curious.

Later in the evening, as Rhaelle danced with Robb (a dance arranged by Catelyn), Steffon was propositioned by Lady Jeyne Poole. He gently declined the offer. Jeyne, trying not to take the refusal as a personal slight, tried to flirt.

"Don't you know how to dance?", Jeyne asked. Steffon laughed awkwardly, clearly uncomfortable with Jeyne standing so close to him.

"Oh I know how to dance", Steffon replied. "I am not free to converse. I am to be soon betrothed".

"Betrothed?", Jeyne repeated. This was the first she was hearing of it. "I don't see your betrothed".

Steffon's awkward smile slipped off his face, at her words. "She is in King's Landing, with her brother. You may have heard of her, Lady Margaery Tyrell".

Jeyne had heard little of her. And even then she was not sure she heard of Margaery Tyrell.

"No, I haven't heard of her", Jeyne replied, leaning with one hand on the table right next to Steffon. "But she doesn't have to know, my Prince".

Steffon leveled her with his gaze. "She will know", he assured Jeyne. The young girl, the best friend of Lady Sansa, grew uncomfortable.

"No one will tell her", Jeyne tried to argue. She shifted her weight slightly.

"I will tell her", Steffon replied, standing up, and then he leaned in to whisper in her ear. "And she will not like that".

Steffon stalked off outside, away from the crowds and the music. And the girls that kept trying to get his attention. What he wouldn't do to be back in King's Landing.

Outside, Steffon was greeted with the cold air of the North, but he paid it no mind. He heard the sounds of grunting, and a sword hitting a dummy. Around the corner was a small courtyard, where dummies made of straw and wood were placed. A boy, no older than him, was hitting them with his sword. Practicing, but he lacked the form. And the practice.

Steffon walked closer. "A little help?", Steffon asked. The boy turned around. Steffon had seen him briefly before, only he could not remember where.

"Your Grace", Jon Snow quickly bowed his head, recognizing the Prince.

"None of that", Steffon said, shaking his head. "You don't have to do that when my parents aren't around".

Jon looked up and straightened. If the Prince said so...